Portland, OR
an0va wrote:

I got one of those in mint condition (in box) a while back too. It's a great little unit. It's stupid to argue batteries over it-there's virtually no reason to waste AA batteries if you're at home, so this unit comes really in handy then. I keep it plugged into the wall for long composing sessions. This way you save your AAs only for playing out.

Part of the reason I got the AC adapter in the first place. I have a deep seeded fear of losing save data due to my batteries dying in the middle of an LSDJ session.

Apprentice8 wrote:
an0va wrote:

I got one of those in mint condition (in box) a while back too. It's a great little unit. It's stupid to argue batteries over it-there's virtually no reason to waste AA batteries if you're at home, so this unit comes really in handy then. I keep it plugged into the wall for long composing sessions. This way you save your AAs only for playing out.

Part of the reason I got the AC adapter in the first place. I have a deep seeded fear of losing save data due to my batteries dying in the middle of an LSDJ session.

Don't think that it still can't happen, though. When you're working on a charged battery pack, be careful not push the time limit. When it starts running out of battery you'll see the screen start to fade. You have about 30 seconds to save and/or safely turn off to save the work memory. Don't plug in the extension cord into the pack while the gameboy is on or it'll reset.

Last edited by an0va (Feb 13, 2011 12:18 am)

Portland, OR
an0va wrote:

Don't think that it still can't happen, though. When you're working on a charged battery pack, be careful not push the time limit. When it starts running out of battery you'll see the screen start to fade. You have about 30 seconds to save and/or safely turn off to save the work memory. Don't plug in the extension cord into the pack while the gameboy is on or it'll reset.

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks so much for the info. Now I just wish I had more time to use it. Stupid school and work messing with my fun time!

Philly, PA, USA

I'm really shocked this thread is as long as it is...