Brooklyn, NY

"You can download "chiptune" apps for your iPhone." http://ht.ly/45EXy

Thanks, internet.

via TCTD

Tacoma WA

oh shit...

i've been doing it wrong all this time

Brunswick, GA USA

Wait, you're supposed to turn the volume down!?

Chepachet, Rhode Island

EVERYTHING must be fucking FAST sweeping arpeggios at generally 120bpm...NO FUCK THAT 200bpm and ONLY 200bpm.  And bitch I better not hear you using any CHORD nonsense or I'll straight up smack your face off.  Back those ballin' melodies with BASIC percussion Don't you DARE get crazy with that shit, I mean BASIC, son...use ONLY a snare on AT MOST the downbeat of each fast motherfucking measure.  I also want to hear as much DELAY as you possibly can...I mean I want to slam that play button down, hear one of those kickin' nasty arps, close out of the program and then hear that shit in my MIND a week later.  Finally, are you using anything other than a 4/4 time signature?  Cut that shit out.  Only 4/4 works and you better try as hard as you fucking can to remember that.

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (Mar 1, 2011 6:51 pm)

BOSTON
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

EVERYTHING must be fucking FAST sweeping arpeggios at generally 120bpm...NO FUCK THAT 200bpm and ONLY 200bpm.  And bitch I better not hear you using any CHORD nonsense or I'll straight up smack your face off.  Back those ballin' melodies with BASIC percussion Don't you DARE get crazy with that shit, I mean BASIC, son...use ONLY a snare on AT MOST the downbeat of each fast motherfucking measure.  I also want to hear as much DELAY as you possibly can...I mean I want to slam that play button down, hear one of those kickin' nasty arps, close out of the program and then hear that shit in my MIND a week later.  Finally, are you using anything other than a 4/4 time signature?  Cut that shit out.  Only 4/4 works and you better try as hard as you fucking can to remember that.

and, most importantly... all chip music is made in C major ONLY. Even if its minor.

Westfield, NJ

ALL MY SECRETS HAVE BEEN REVEALED! NOW I HAVE NOTHING!!!

Rhode Island

200bpm isn't fast enough. 1/16th notes only at 400bpm

hardcore, Australia

I tried to follow his directions just then. It was complicated.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

ALSO...when using LSDJ on your Gameboy rom for your Wii Emulator on your mac while standing 15 miles away relaying morse code to a gypsy who inputs your commands...make sure you tell them to use ONLY the note C-5 and NOTHING else.  (Note:  I say this only as a formality since LSDJ has a built in safety algorithm which automatically changes all notes in every channel to C-5)

New York, NY

At first I was a bit irate about this, but then looking at the writer's bio I realized that his only publications are dog-related (he's written for K-9 Magazine as well as Dogmagazine.net, which appears to be the online version of K-9 Magazine). He must have simply mistaken chip music for something he knows anything about, i.e. something having to do with dogs.

Brooklyn, NY

eHow.com is where people go to get paid $15 for pretending to be writers.

Last edited by Zen Albatross (Mar 1, 2011 9:57 pm)

Brooklyn, NY
exilefaker wrote:

He must have simply mistaken chip music for something he knows anything about, i.e. something having to do with dogs.

Wait, can there be a new chip music sub-genre relating only to dogs? Please?

Last edited by Zen Albatross (Mar 1, 2011 9:59 pm)

Chepachet, Rhode Island

I mean...the actual step by step instructions would probably help those people who have no idea/skills whatsoever with creating chipmusic, but just the way it comes off is so funny. 

'Do this!  Now do that!  Now do this other thing, but actually do ANOTHER other thing!  Now make sure all the notes you use are = 3(mod 8) or else they play dog noises!'

PS: ... exaggeration makes everything funnier

São Paulo, Brazil

Just installed Pro Tools on my mac. Now I can dubstep my chiptunes Pro Tools-style.

Zen Albatross wrote:
exilefaker wrote:

He must have simply mistaken chip music for something he knows anything about, i.e. something having to do with dogs.

Wait, can there be a new chip music sub-genre relating only to dogs? Please?

Nuggetcore.

BOSTON

lemonstep