Minneapolis

YAY.

Brooklyn, NY

https://code.google.com/p/nesserial/

I've consolidated all of the information in this thread / added some tutorials in the Wiki section. I also checked most of the source into the SVN and I'll be putting the rest in over the next couple of days - once that's ready I'll package it up into a zip for a proper release. As of now all of the v0.1 ROMs / Arduino code is in there and is ready to go.

Please let me know if you've set this up - I could really use some feedback on this stuff!

Last edited by Batsly Adams (Jan 12, 2011 7:07 pm)

Geneva, NY

SHIIIITTTTT!!!!!!

Vancouver, BC

wow.

too bad I got an arduino for xmas and am about to get a PowerPak for my birthday.

Yup, that's just too bad...

smile smile smile smile smile
!

...So hopefully some feedback soon.

California

This sounds pretty exciting. I am glad that this is coming out for those of us that never bought a midines (or recieved). The only thing is that I am not very handy so I could not possibly create the midi cable. might have to find someone to create it for meh. Thanks for all the information and incredible effort! this is a dream come true.

Riverside, CA

I wish I had time to explore and understand this beautiful language you're all speaking so I can engage this community more thoroughly. But since I most definitely do not have time, I very much appreciate everyones efforts here and all the fun tools coming out of it that I get to play with.

Anyway, I'm currently trying to find the most versatile NES/MIDI thingy that I can connect to my guitar. As such I'm very interested in what's going on here.

Keep up the great work!

Last edited by Koatl (Feb 11, 2011 7:07 pm)

Minneapolis

Next paycheck shall have a portion going to an arduino so I can give this a go.

California

Was wondering how this was coming along.... any news?

I really thank you for the effort!

I'm very interested to have one of these babies big_smile

Geneva, NY

Brooklyn, NY

^ your board is in the mail you bastard!

Anyway - as far as updates - everything is in working order. CC's have been implemented for the 4 working channels to control parameters (envelope / sweep etc).

I've figured out how to do samples despite the DMC glitch but it needs a bit more testing!

Video from a couple of months ago testing some different pieces - pitch is off in the video but that has been fixed.

Last edited by Batsly Adams (Mar 30, 2011 10:38 pm)

FUCK YEY! Release it big_smile

Austin, TX

Your work is divine, sir; thank you for sharing your gift with us. I need to write some appz up in my NES now. smile

rochester, ny

this is awesome.

Boulder, CO

Yay! Release the beast!

Austin, TX

Say, could the PC-->NES transfer work the other way, too (NES-->PC)? Being able to send and receive network data could be interesting...