Godzilladelph

One lonely man, trapped on the internet with himself.
Good night, sweet prince.

EDIT: um... FUCK...  Anon got me... akward

Last edited by SKGB (Apr 4, 2011 10:27 am)

England
Anonymous wrote:

most chiptuners of acclaim are from the east coast.

fuck knows what this thread is about, but this is a great statement.

IL, US
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

most chiptuners of acclaim are from the east coast.

fuck knows what this thread is about, but this is a great statement.

its a silly statement (though im sure you were teasing), based mostly on the fact that people tend to pay more attention to the east coast, since they have pulsewave & 8static (which are both awesome, dont get me wrong)..scene is pretty far spread, both in the US and abroad, so if youre jealous of the east coast's scene, go support your local chip acts & get involved...if more people came to gigs in chicago, we could book more out of town acts here, cause its not like they dont want to come here and hang out, just hard to pay an out of town act fairly when the turn out is too low for the venue to share any door money (nov 28th chicago show was at a venue that required at least 45-50 paying entries for even a single dollar to go to the artists, needless to say, no one got paid)

England

This anonymous thing is awesome xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Jellica (Apr 1, 2011 12:56 pm)

IL, US
Jellica wrote:

This anonymous thing is awesome xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

what are you talking about? hmm

Anonymous wrote:

its a silly statement (though im sure you were teasing), based mostly on the fact that people tend to pay more attention to the east coast

I'm aware that there are chippers all over the place.  I'm sad to say that I've only recently started diving into the community, about a few years back.  I was living in chicago at the time and really had no clue where to look for any info as most of my friends weren't really into it. I would have loved to see saskrotch and other chippers play had I known about them sooner.

As it stands, I now live in colorado and only know of 2 local chippers other than myself.  If anyone knows of others out here, let me know. I will gladly show my support!

New York, NY
DaPantz wrote:

I remember thinking "Yooo, it's Nullsleep! Holy shit! And Bit Shifter too! And...uh...two other people..."

The two other people were Mike Rosenthal and JYK.

this guy
probably still thinks that

Bronx, NY

Everything except the "two other people"

I admire the music of a chiptune artist sure, but since I know next to nothing about them as people I don't have enough information about them to become "star struck". Then again, I was never one to be star stuck by celebrities in main stream things either. It's more like I enjoy this artist/actor/band because they have skills I'd like to pick up on a little smile. However, in their personal lives I have no idea what kind of people they are so it is a bit illogical  for me to get all hyped up about a perceived image that may or may not be true wink. In any case there are awesome "known" and unknown artists all over the place. I listen to the music they make and I like what I like. It's as simple as that. smile

I've never been "star struck" in my entire life!!  but then i saw this. https://8bc.org/items/images/Picture%205.jpg

The Mountains
shitbird wrote:

I've never been "star struck" in my entire life!!  but then i saw this. https://8bc.org/items/images/Picture%205.jpg

ahahahahaha!!!! Doesn't he look like Church Lady???

aethernaut- you're in Denver?? Me too, as of December. I better see your ass at me/Magic Cyclops/and friends on the 16th!!

In hindsight, I'm glad there are others that also say mouf.

@rainbowdragon... as in rainbow dragon eyes?? Dude, I came across your stuff randomly on grooveshark. Let's chill!