San Antonio, Texas

http://ihatebreakcore.com/modules.php?n … amp;dbid=5

Picked this up a long time ago.

california

sickly. it's hard to get deep bass in lsdj tho, without wasting space.

Star Fighter Dreams wrote:

I like this stuff, but a lot of the chiptune vibe gets degraded with a lot of production. Or even a little in my experience.

Last edited by gizmo (Nov 4, 2010 4:06 pm)

Brazil - Japan

hello!

Yes, there are some nice productions with chipmusic based on dubstep! mainly RALP, wich has brought the spirit of massive bass lines and hard beats to the chipmusic world. Quarta 330 is also a great reference, as he remixed those tracks from Cardopusher and Kode9 (old school dubstep-not massive).
also, there are some amazing artists using game tunes as inspiration, like RUSTIE from Numbers. hes a talented guy, and his music diverges from the convencional dubstep, as a lot of artists carrying that genre does.

the "dubstep way" is known for digging hard tunes, with massive sub bass lines, usual 140/70 bpm or less , there a lot of styles, Massive is the most popular, as it drives the crowd nuts, headbanging and weird jumps with strange hand movements...

yes, it seems to be developed from d'n b, almost every dubstep liveset ends with a drum n bass track hehe its like scratching from that low bpm to a very fast takedown.
the live performance of the best dubstep artists are intense! as the music structure has more dynamics and louder tunes than the some other genres (and also cause its new stuff, hype hehe)

at my perspective, dubstep is a genre that in general, push the tunes to the edge! diferent from most IDM music, dubstep partys are made to dance, as you can also enjoy some breakdown beats and edgy synthetizing...extra subs are mandatory big_smile

cheers!

Last edited by droid-on (Mar 23, 2011 7:52 pm)

Brazil - Japan
droid-on wrote:

hello!

Yes, there are some nice productions with chipmusic based on dubstep! mainly RALP, wich has brought the spirit of massive bass lines and hard beats to the chipmusic world. Quarta 330 is also a great reference, as he remixed those tracks from Cardopusher and Kode9 (old school dubstep-not massive).
also, there are some amazing artists using game tunes as inspiration, like RUSTIE from Numbers. hes a talented guy, and his music diverges from the convencional dubstep, as a lot of artists carrying that genre does.

the "dubstep way" is known for digging hard tunes, with massive sub bass lines, usual 140/70 bpm or less , there a lot of styles, Massive is the most popular, as it drives the crowd nuts, headbanging and weird jumps with strange hand movements...

yes, it seems to be developed from d'n b, almost every dubstep liveset ends with a drum n bass track hehe its like scratching from that low bpm to a very fast takedown.
the live performance of the best dubstep artists are intense! as the music structure has more dynamics and louder tunes than the some other genres (and also cause its new stuff, hype hehe)

at my perspective, dubstep is a genre that in general, push the tunes to the edge! diferent from most IDM music, dubstep partys are made to dance, as you can also enjoy some breakdown beats and edgy synthetizing...extra subs are mandatory big_smile

cheers!

and thanks to André and Kurt (Pulselooper and Subway sonicbeat) for throwing my album at this thread hehe smile
but the new hype is SKRILLEX hahahahha my dubstep is obsolete !

Last edited by droid-on (Mar 23, 2011 8:02 pm)

West Palm Beach, FLORIDA, USA

The Best Chipstep in my Opinion:

The Last Flying Flag

BackLash

Remixed+Emotions

Double Trouble - 8bit Dubstep

Find More Similar to this? Hit me UP! PLEASE

Last edited by Dingo (Apr 6, 2011 6:07 pm)

in most cases is sounds shit

at least when its done with lsdj

Amsterdam

FM-chip influenced. When I saw him DJ he opened with the Streets of Rage opening theme, figures!

Love joker, I think he calls his style of dubstep 'purple'. It's more like raw electronic hip-hop.

Amsterdam

Sorta chippy chord and lead sounds included...

Last edited by Diskette Deluxe (Apr 6, 2011 6:00 pm)

Amsterdam
matt.nida wrote:

This conversation starts and ends with Metrodub. No further comment needed.

(yes, I do have two tunes on Metrodub)

Was always quite sceptical about lo-fi dubstep, as many chipstep producers don't have the sub-feeling or the right swing, but this is really good!

Amsterdam

This is sort of chipstep I made as DS-10 Dominator

and

http://soundcloud.com/ds10dominator/ds- … cebreaker/

Last edited by Diskette Deluxe (Apr 6, 2011 6:14 pm)

Amsterdam
Star Fighter Dreams wrote:

Picked this up a long time ago.

big up smile

https://8bc.org/music/wedanced/Finished … DJ%29+%28/

Amsterdam

crazy stuff! nice

Godzilladelph
Diskette Deluxe wrote:

FM-chip influenced. When I saw him DJ he opened with the Streets of Rage opening theme, figures!

Love joker, I think he calls his style of dubstep 'purple'. It's more like raw electronic hip-hop.

fuck yeah Joker! i started writing a chiptune... tune in his style, maybe some day i'll finish it lol.
btw, metrodub is mainly dub, not dubstep wink

West Palm Beach, FLORIDA, USA
SKGB wrote:
Diskette Deluxe wrote:

fuck yeah Joker! i started writing a chiptune... tune in his style, maybe some day i'll finish it lol.
btw, metrodub is mainly dub, not dubstep wink

Agree!

Brazil - Japan
Diskette Deluxe wrote:

JOKER IS GREAT! im a big fan smile
here is a interview, on wich he mentions some games that he would like to make a nice BGM for!
http://emmalinedavies.blogspot.com/2009 … super.html

some nice tunes on the thread! cheers