Los Angeles
ashimoke wrote:

but I don't really know how to chage it to suit my needs. Any ideas anyone? I suck at programming hmm

change these:

0x00, //force mode (forces lsdj to be sl)
  0x00, //mode

to these:

0x01, //force mode (forces lsdj to be sl)
  0x00, //mode (<- whatever mode # you want)

These are the modes:

case 0:
      modeLSDJSlaveSyncSetup();
      break;
    case 1:
      modeLSDJMasterSyncSetup();
      break;
    case 2:
      modeLSDJKeyboardSetup();
      break;
    case 3:
      modeNanoloopSetup();
      break;
    case 4:
      modeMidiGbSetup();
      break;
    case 5:
      modeLSDJMapSetup();
      break;
    case 6:
      modeLSDJMidioutSetup();
      break;

also you want to set this to true:

boolean alwaysUseDefaultSettings = false; //set to true to always use the settings below, else they are pulled from memory for the software editor

... or if you have midi in and out, just use the editor.

Czech republic

Awesome! Thank you guys!

☺☺☺

one question(possibly a dumm one) any chance that lsdj retains master sync while in this midi mode?

if not that would be rad wink

Unsubscribe

no clock sync in the midi out modes.

Abandoned on Fire

Are the "only" midi in features clock and row number?

Unsubscribe

no you can also midi in control keyboard mode.

Abandoned on Fire
herr_prof wrote:

no you can also midi in control keyboard mode.

Awesome!

Czech republic

So I want to use the MIDIOUT mode. I set everything up as trash80 suggested. With no luck. Though it works well when I force LSDJ master sync. I also tried different LSDJ channels, midi channels and midi notes... I must be making mistake somewhere hmm

I tried to trigger Electribe ES1 and Boss SP-202.

Last edited by ashimoke (Apr 7, 2011 5:19 pm)

Unsubscribe

obvious questions:

is lsdj on MIDIOUT sync mode?
Are you on the right LSDJ sync mode in the aboy?
Are your channels setup properly?
Is the synth set to the correct synth mode?

Did you build your own arduinoboy? The scienceguys shipped with a nonfunctional midi out port thatn required a pin swap on the cables soldered to the out jack.

Czech republic
herr_prof wrote:

obvious questions:

is lsdj on MIDIOUT sync mode?
Are you on the right LSDJ sync mode in the aboy?
Are your channels setup properly?
Is the synth set to the correct synth mode?

Did you build your own arduinoboy? The scienceguys shipped with a nonfunctional midi out port thatn required a pin swap on the cables soldered to the out jack.

1) yes.
2) it should be - I tweaked the code acording to trsh80's advice. It sets LSDJmaster so it should set MIDIOUT as well.
3) I think so. The default transmit midi channel should be #1 for PU1 right?
4) not really a synth but yes.

I built my arduinoboy to use it only for LSDJ master sync. Only midi out ad no buttons or leds. That's why I needed to tweak the code. I'd guess that might be where I went wrong but the new version syncs with no problems whn I force it to use LSDJ master mode only. That's what confuses me...

Unsubscribe

How do you switch between midi master mode and the lsdj midi out mode if it has no buttons?

Los Angeles

lsdj setup in the right mode? MIDIOUT? if lsdj doesn't hang/crash that means communication is working. so i would guess you can try messing with the "bit delay" settings.... like

60,1,  //midiout bit check delay & bit check delay multiplier 
  60,4,  //midiout bit check delay & bit check delay multiplier 

if that works, lower the numbers as low as you can go, the less delay the better. if it doesnt, thats not your problem, i'd check to see if you're even sending any midi via some midi monitor program if you have one.

UK

um. wow.

Czech republic
herr_prof wrote:

How do you switch between midi master mode and the lsdj midi out mode if it has no buttons?

I change the code.

Thank you guys very much for your help. Nothing sems to work so I'll just leave it for a while and get back to it latter. Maybe with more fancy arduinoboy.

Unsubscribe

Cool.. better luck next time!

Matthew Joseph Payne

A note about the FTDI cable, this is a smidge cheaper and has status LEDs on it:

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9716

Meanwhile, I'm having trouble getting this to work quite properly through my scienceguy arduinoboy. It does not have the reversed MIDI out cable problem (it's too recent and I've used MIDI thru before). I have reprogrammed it with Arduinoboy 1.2.0, reflashed my cart with the modified version of LSDJ. LSDJ is set to MIDIOUT sync mode, and the arduinoboy is set to mode 6 (all the LEDs blink when it is selected - I've deduced that this is MIDIOUT mode, but I tried all the other modes just in case).

What I'm getting is sporadic midi note signals (one every 6 or so iterations of the running pattern, when I should be getting consistent ones (obviously). I've tried both N and Q commands with similar effect. The arduinoboy lights reflect this problem, so I'm fairly certain that the issue is between the gameboy and the arduinoboy.

It feels like a wiring problem, but upon a pretty intense visual inspection, nothing seems physically wrong. I'd appreciate any thoughts.