Portland, OR, USA

Name your price!
Ambient, blues, grinding sludge
http://tamarackmusic.bandcamp.com/album/radial-ep

Dan broke his wrist. OHSU got all up in there and put in a plate and some screws, made it all better and also made it hurt like hell. Poor Dan. Jesse and I rolled over to his crib on a Sunday night to give him some love, support and take his mind off the deep throbbing pain of a freshly reconstructed wrist. These 3 tracks are the fruits of our battery powered cuddle puddle.

Nanoloop, a bent Barbie synth, PixelH8's MasterStrokeDS, a monotron through a grip of guitar peadals, U-Create (possibly one of the sickest music toys to be forgotten about by consumers in recent years), another monotron in the effcts chain and a miniKP.

Fortunately, Dan has awesome insurance and friends, and a cozy place to heal. Here's to a full recovery, Dan!
credits
    released 28 February 2011
    Daniel Manuszak, Jesse Garcia, Elias Foley

Does the label release music with catalogue IDs?

Battery Powered Music wrote:

U-Create (possibly one of the sickest music toys to be forgotten about by consumers in recent years)

After reading your post Battery Powered Music, I looked up the U create.  It looks pretty cool. Should I get it? You seem to think highly of it... would you wanna go more in depth, or is it basically just a fun to use toy/tool?

At what price do you think it's worth? 30-50 bucks?

This is really awesome, sounds great!

Portland, OR, USA
Lossy wrote:

Does the label release music with catalogue IDs?

No.  I would like to know more about this.  I assume you are referring to catalogue IDs in relation to APIs.  Any info or links to help push me forward on this?  From what I gather it would help create cohesive connections between the label and it's songs as they are featured in playlists around the net and on apps.

hardcore, Australia

I'm pretty sure he just means a way of differentiating and listing releases, like you would notice 8 bit peoples numbers with 8BP000, 8BP001, or calm down kidder records would do CDK001, CDK002.

It's a fast way to identify what label it came from, when it was released and even if someone has missed the last few releases and can go back through and catch up on missed numbers.

Portland, OR, USA
Battle Lava wrote:

After reading your post Battery Powered Music, I looked up the U create.  It looks pretty cool. Should I get it? You seem to think highly of it... would you wanna go more in depth, or is it basically just a fun to use toy/tool?

At what price do you think it's worth? 30-50 bucks?

It's the poor man's miniKP.  Like 10ish effects from incredibly destructive to quite lush plus a X2 looper that samples incoming audio & tap tempo.  It needs to be hacked so you can load your own samples onto it.  I would love to see this happen.  As it is out of the box, most of it's features are cheesy canned crap, but the above mentioned effects, looper and tap tempo are great.  If one could hack the software so you could fill the sample banks (there are 12 more) with your own samples...LOOK THE FUCK OUT!

Don't spend more than $40

video samples of U-Create
http://www.youtube.com/user/stylinghead … zWIsL-YPMI
http://www.youtube.com/user/stylinghead … Xg38n-VX5k

Last edited by Battery Powered Music (Apr 11, 2011 8:17 am)

Portland, OR, USA
godinpants wrote:

I'm pretty sure he just means a way of differentiating and listing releases, like you would notice 8 bit peoples numbers with 8BP000, 8BP001, or calm down kidder records would do CDK001, CDK002.

It's a fast way to identify what label it came from, when it was released and even if someone has missed the last few releases and can go back through and catch up on missed numbers.

OK ok! I am a slacker, I will get on it so folks can dig the progression or digression of the releases through time.  BTW.  I am looking for more folks making chip based dub, reggae, bass music, "chipstep" (thanks 486) and skweee (I am personally over the breakcore).  Peep me to your shit!

Portland, OR, USA

That Cheapshot release is a nice bit of chip-steping

The reason I ask is that I add new releases to Chipaedia and having catalogue IDs are useful for a variety of purposes.