Neo Jersey

@8-Bit -Rex - all sounds good to me, great idea(s)!

I'm down, 8br! And I'm sure any one of us would be willing to help whenever big_smile

I can sorta do html if you need help 8bitrex :)

Last edited by Octothorpe (May 18, 2011 6:06 pm)

Chepachet, Rhode Island
Octothorpe wrote:

I can sorta do html if you need help 8bitrex smile

A thousand times yes!
I'll PM you lata.

And thanks, fellas. We'll wait and see jredd's opinion on the matter.

Madison, Alabama
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

Looks like we'll see what Jredd thinks of taking over since Arlen specifically asked for him...and if not...then someone who has the most free time (not really too much of a factor other than remember to make a comp every 2 weeks) and ideas should be next in line.  It's summer for me and I am loaded with ideas so I definitely have the time to do it. It would probably work well considering I run the Weekly Challenges and would be able to sync the dates up for both in a way that promotes hearing both listening parties one right after the other or something. 

I'm really not hellbent on running it.  I would have a blast, but honestly if someone else is super pumped about running it...I don't have any problems lol.

I'm also creating a Tumblr (If I can ever figure out the fucking HTML coding for the theme...) which will showcase:

- These two competitions
- Reviews and Insights of chips I think other artists could learn a lot from or just generally interesting and well written ones.
- A Spotlight on (lesser known / just starting) chip artists who've written a song I find particularly bangin' and that I feel deserves more attention and have a promising future of composing ahead of them. (run-on sentence...deal with it)
- My Music

I have a pretty large history writing music reviews (back in: late high school / early college) for local magazines and newspapers in one of my bordering states.  It was mostly on rock and metal and some of the underground scene. I know many enjoyed reading them.  I figured this would be a great way to get back to my roots whilst putting a little spin on it.

Since I've come to sincerely appreciate this group's opinions and advice...

....THOUGHTS?

Dunno much about HTML, but I'm a technical writer, so let me know if you need editing/proofreading done.  I'm like, a pro or something.

Chepachet, Rhode Island
roboctopus wrote:

Dunno much about HTML, but I'm a technical writer, so let me know if you need editing/proofreading done.  I'm like, a pro or something.

Woooot! My GF is as well.  I'll definitely keep that in mind!

Moncton, Canada

If rex manages both competitions that would probably be better for organization; and the themes would be awesome hehu. We need to all go in the chipmusic irc more often methinks.

I think we should just make our own channel haha, it's not that hard

Oh wow, ok I am way late to the party on this one tongue. I have free time, but knowing me I'm best as a support guy and not much of a "leader" type, I'm all for 8 bit rex taking over both compos. I seem to be best suited for supporting and spreading the word about something I am pumped about while others run the technical side of things. I have a good imagination for themes and such, and I can gather support for more members but I am so not a technical computer/web wizard. I'm honored he picked me, but I think it makes more sense to have 8 bit rex coordinate things. Feel free to pick my brain for theme ideas, and as always I'll try and bring in more talented folks from different corners of the web to join us smile.On the other hand,  I did run a compo a few years back as a side project to another site. In that compo the stories were highly detailed and you had a month to compose LOL. Another difference was that whoever won the last compo had the option to write the theme idea for the next one, which gave a small incentive to winning it LOL. It was like, if you want everyone to try your story next, you've gotta try your best to grab first in the current compo ha ha. tongue

Moncton, Canada

That's actually a good idea.

I actually like that a lot. That's pretty cool, making the winner have to option of picking the theme.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Alright looks like I'm taking command! 

I'll DEFINITELY Implement the "winners makes next theme" idea...it's straight up slammin'

Now...which do you think I should choose (since I dont have the ability to edit the original post of this thread):

- Make my weekly the "weekly and Bi-weekly" thread
- Bother a mod to allow me to edit the original post (i don't even know if thats possible)
- Close this thread, have it deleted, whatever gets the job done and create a new thread.

I'd honestly rather have two separate threads....so I'm leaning away from the first option.

Thoughts?

Just move everything to the weekly thread?

I think we should keep it just how it is, and just make a new Bi-Weekly thread. That seems to make more sense, so we even have a backup thread all about how we got together as a group ;D

But that's just me being silly.

Madison, Alabama

I say two threads.  The weekly and bi-weekly seem like totally different ideas to me.  One is a thematic challenge and one is a technical one.

Chepachet, Rhode Island
roboctopus wrote:

I say two threads.  The weekly and bi-weekly seem like totally different ideas to me.  One is a thematic challenge and one is a technical one.

Perfect reasoning is perfect...I'm sold

I'll PM arlen and have him change around the original post and name as to prevent confusion.