CHIPTUNE

Now this is a bit anus, but since the Amiga was made by Commodore, it doesn't really make sense to say "Amiga & Commodore". Would people be confused if it only said "Commodore"?

Los Angeles

Right. of course. Do you have a suggestion for a name that would get the point across to a beginner that the area is for Amiga, C64 & other Commodore computers without being too long-winded? That is the real issue I suppose.

Unsubscribe

I used to own a commodore branded file cabinet. The nmmetal tag is on my guitar right now. Just sayin.

New York City

Change the section to "Commodore Amiga, C64 etc." ? tongue

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 22, 2010 9:11 pm)

Los Angeles
akira^8GB wrote:

Change the section to "Commodore Amiga, C64 etc." ? tongue

Might work.

C64 AND MORE

CHIPTUNE

yeah, i don't know how the uninitiated would interpret just COMMODORE. maybe try with....

COMMODORE 64/AMIGA
COMMODORE COMPUTERS
COMMODORE HARDCORE
MORE THAN COMMODORE
COMMODORE POR FAVOR
C64/AMIGA IN MORDOR
MORDOR SHE WROTE
C-64 AND THE FAMILY SHY
COMMANDO COMMODORE
ALLES COMMODORE

Los Angeles

Hahaha. You see the issue though... There needs to be a simple and elegant answer. So far I think akira^8GB is almost perfect. Hmm...

Westcoast Norway

the great sea

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

"Amigadore 64"

Done.

New York City
goto80 wrote:

COMMODORE POR FAVOR

That even rhymes, too sweet, let's use it xD

The Mountains
goto80 wrote:

MORDOR SHE WROTE

oh baby that's good stuff

goto80 is so commodorable all the time

goto80 wrote:

Now this is a bit anus, but since the Amiga was made by Commodore, it doesn't really make sense to say "Amiga & Commodore".

This has been bugging me too.

The City Of Angels

Well, if you wanna get even more anus, Anders:

People could easily say the original Amiga was developed by Amiga Corporation (which it was), until it was bought by Commodore.

So looking at it from that perspective, one can easily say "Amiga & Commodore" works. ;D

Also, you would think "Commodore Hardware" or "Commodore Computers" would work just fine. I don't see why people would know the difference between old Nintendo machines but yet not Commodore machines?

What, simply because Nintendo is still around? Doesn't make sense at all.

Are people suggesting people are mentally handicap when it comes to Commodore or something? You would think it'd be the other way around. xD ahah

Also: this thread should have been made in the "Bugs and Requests" section, if not moved there by now, if one wants to get even more "anus". :D

Last edited by Mono (Jan 23, 2010 6:31 am)

Los Angeles

FIXED

brighton, uk

how about titling forums by their chip names.
after all, we make chipmusic, not console/computer name music don't we?

But then again, AY forums will be confusing sad

Last edited by CMDR (Jan 24, 2010 4:04 pm)

York, Yorkshire
Mono wrote:

People could easily say the original Amiga was developed by Amiga Corporation (which it was), until it was bought by Commodore.

And subsequently by Escom and Gateway. So there are some Amigas out there which are not Commodores. tongue

Like this Escom A1200

Last edited by BitPop (Jan 25, 2010 10:04 am)