Brazil
chunter wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Calling off the uni about her tefth is pretty much morally debatable. Not that I care.

In academia, plagiarism of any kind is grounds for expulsion and while it's career threatening, why shouldn't it be? Not doing your own homework is cheating.

This would be a non-problem if she said that she is a DJ playing the music of others (which is something this sort of music needs more of) instead of pretending to have created something that she didn't.

At least TDS tried to seem athletic when "performing..."

I agree that there would be less plagiarism if people knew how music (any music, really) is made.

Yeah, but there is the morally debatable: ruining someones life over something that could be resolved in other less mean ways? Or stealing some songs and playing over the internet is enough to choose to call off and get her expelled?

I repeat: not that I care.

Philly, PA, USA

Well she hasn't responded directly to anyone else, so the only course of action is to ruin her life, obvs

hardcore, Australia

Chiptune Justice Alliance™

lolusa

Guys, there's a grander scheme afoot here.
I have persuaded many young ladys to steal your music to make profit. I glance at 8bc and choose what songs I know I can make a dollar on.
The performers make a 40% cut, I let them borrow my gear to seem as if they are the real thing.
There will be several incarnations to come, but the real question is, are you prepared?

Dont Chipslap me bro

Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom

not entirely sure if anyones pointed this out yet as i havent had a full look at this thread, but if you go on her myspace, her username is still "LE PEG" (Sycamore Drive pointed out that this was a user previously done for plagiarism) and she has a couple of more songs up there, including one from Smiletron, in which she has put some badly done vocals on it.

Hudson, MA

...  Funny.  I didn't know one of the guys from Crystal Castles went solo.

Bronx, NY

Wait, so she got caught stealing before...and still didn't realize that she at least needs a cartridge in there this time?

Wow.

Also, I'd cool it on getting involved in her uni life and all that. It sucks, but let some other people worry about it.

Bronx, NY

Another thing I don't get is this: for all of the faults of this community, we're some of the most supportive and encouraging motherfuckers around. If you don't know how to do something on these really tedious trackers and programs, someone is going to help you along the way, whether in person or online. It's going to happen. My music has gone from something I considered total shit to something I consider a more accurate and awesome expression of my ideas through the support and ideas of my peers and friends.

So, if this girl actually wants to produce this kind of music, or even if all she wants is to get her name out there, there's still a way easier road towards doing it than this unacceptable bullshit.

Toronto, ONT

koala kids! dj gameboys coming soon!

TSSBAY01

this girl is eating chiptunes, her vengeful maw of insidiousness will never be assuaged! you cannot feed this girl enough chiptunes! i promise this! she is the unicron of the chiptune scene! watch out boy, she'll chew you up! she's a chipeater!

NY

Anyone know what the original song is in this vid? http://youtu.be/Log_0tDRswU

Toronto, ONT

I'M THE REAL CHIPTOON DJ!

Melbourne, Australia

Holy shit. I lost it when you jammed that 1/4" into the cart slot. The walkie talkie was just the icing on the cake. Well played sir.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

MOAR...MOAR HALARIOUS VIDEOS OF REAL ARTISTS MOCKING FAKE ONES!!

That video is seriously perfect.  Goddamn my day was made like 8 times today...and all of them were related to chipmusic.

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (May 25, 2011 4:08 am)