Rhode Island

When you threw the cart in I lost it

Canada

Hahaha. lol'd hard when you picked up EVERY GAME BOY and fumbled around.
Shweet.

This dude is ridiculous.

Connecticut USA

She sang over my solo in the Smiletron song! >: | . She kept the Kefka laugh though.

Liverpool, UK
DaPantz wrote:

Also, I'd cool it on getting involved in her uni life and all that. It sucks, but let some other people worry about it.

Stealing music one time and getting busted is bad enough - but twice? And she has done music courses before, according to her facebook - how far is she getting in life from the backs of genuine hardworking musicians?

Marseille

wow, another FFF-scenario, yay... but ffs most of you are just as much 8bit posers as this poor girl (just look at your handles and cover-art ^_^) the purity-discussion was done with in 1998 so why dont you kids go and make some quality ziks instead of crying and whining about who's livePA is the most real?

with that said, I think this girl has a really cool accent, she should do some 8bit grime instead of vocoderpop on (stolen) cheesy chiptewns....

Huddersfield, UK
calmdownkidder wrote:
DaPantz wrote:

Also, I'd cool it on getting involved in her uni life and all that. It sucks, but let some other people worry about it.

Stealing music one time and getting busted is bad enough - but twice? And she has done music courses before, according to her facebook - how far is she getting in life from the backs of genuine hardworking musicians?

This is based on the assumption that she might have had to submit some 'original' compositions at one point or another though. Some people I know who took A Level music technology last year only did bad MIDI renditions of 80s songs and learnt basic production techniques. Even if her course syllabus did stipulate that she had to submit a composition then I highly doubt she would have gotten away with plagiarism up to this point, even the course my friends took last year required submission of the project files for analysis.

As much as the theft of music undermines her credibility, this 'internet vigilante' act doesn't reflect well on us as a community either. I'm not condoning what she's done but I think if she's going to make a career out of music then it's more likely to be off the back of academic merit rather than a dozen mp3s.

dubmood wrote:

wow, another FFF-scenario, yay... but ffs most of you are just as much 8bit posers as this poor girl (just look at your handles and cover-art ^_^) the purity-discussion was done with in 1998 so why dont you kids go and make some quality ziks instead of crying and whining about who's livePA is the most real?

with that said, I think this girl has a really cool accent, she should do some 8bit grime instead of vocoderpop on (stolen) cheesy chiptewns....

Dubmood has spoken.

Brazil

lulz

A gray world of dread

Dubmood has sneered, more like.

I agree with him though that the post-blip-coital-bliss should be used for something more productive. Anything beyond this point is just spite, so the artists who want should file that complaint to reverbnation. Let's be done with that.

Brazil

So people who can, warn the artists and they can do whatever they want. I think this thread is already done.

lolusa
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

So people who can, warn the artists and they can do whatever they want. I think this thread is already done.

it could be
I mean, I haven't even finished my beer, but if you're gonna kick me out-

NY
WeAreTheFuture wrote:

if shes got those grades from using other people music then its only fair in my opinion, no?

also ive heard this track before (obviously) but not sure who it is, it may have been posted already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Log_0tD … re=related

muffins wrote:

Anyone know what the original song is in this vid? http://youtu.be/Log_0tDRswU

seriously what is this song?

Rhode Island
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

I think this thread is already done.

But there has only been two parody videos sad surely we can hold out for one or two more?

spacetownsavior wrote:

I feel like this is kind of a problem with our platform (and most digital music) in general! when the music creation process involves lots of technology and it isn't obviously clear what is making the sounds and how those sounds are being controlled, it becomes really easy to hide underneath an air of authority with regards to technology. basically people think that our setups are too complicated to explain so they don't ask us, and we can continue playing a song off our iPod because we're the EXPERTS OF COURSE WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING.

i'm not trying to say that maybe we brought this on ourselves, but maybe a better way to rectify this (and future plagarists) is to try AS HARD AS WE CAN to inform people about what goes into the music creation process! explain to people that using old video game hardware to make music isn't rocket science and is, in fact, really easy!

people like this can actually gain a following because the general public doesn't really know how chipmusic is made. encouraging people to try it out isn't that hard, and it leads to a general knowledge of digital music and digital music technology! which is important. I know that every time someone comes up to me after a show and asks how I do it, I explain it to them and then add the disclaimer that it's not as complicated as it looks/sounds! and then refer them to here or 8bc for information smile

people know about guitars. they know that if you pluck the strings then they vibrate and that makes sounds. so it's really easy to tell when someone is faking it because there's a general knowledge of that music instrument that everyone can draw on. it's perhaps more difficult to instill a general knowledge of digital music technology but if we're more open about showing people (and I'm not saying that we're not!) then stuff like this will get less and less common as more people realize what we do!

^ this

Florida

I think we need to have a 'fake chip artist' video contest.