Chepachet, Rhode Island
Jay Tholen wrote:

I think we need to have a 'fake chip artist' video contest.

Genius

Just want to clear a few things up....not defending her at all for stealing songs but some of the things you are saying are false and based on presumptions that you have cooked up.

1) She has never got paid for any gigs that she has done
2) Yes she went to a music college however she never finished the course (not because of using other people's music) and so has not received a qualification that can be taken away from her as some of you have suggested.
3) She is no longer at University so did not get a degree for that (she was enrolled on an fine art course anyway so completely irrelevant)

Also I understand that some of you may be annoyed, but to then start insulting her appearance or other personal comments are really uncalled for, be nice children!! You're only going to make yourself ill getting all worked up about this.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

In my defense I said she was hot.

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (May 25, 2011 6:26 pm)

Brazil
2PLAYER wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

I think this thread is already done.

But there has only been two parody videos sad surely we can hold out for one or two more?

People can do that in another thread, cause this one is probably, now, better forgotten.

Brazil
ovenrake wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

So people who can, warn the artists and they can do whatever they want. I think this thread is already done.

it could be
I mean, I haven't even finished my beer, but if you're gonna kick me out-

You have space in my heart, always, Dakota.

Tacoma WA

so dakota and i are going to start a stolen music comp.

i've submitted one of dakota's songs he submitted one of mine

anyone else want on it?

The Bronx
dubmood wrote:

wow, another FFF-scenario, yay... but ffs most of you are just as much 8bit posers as this poor girl (just look at your handles and cover-art ^_^) the purity-discussion was done with in 1998 so why dont you kids go and make some quality ziks instead of crying and whining about who's livePA is the most real?

with that said, I think this girl has a really cool accent, she should do some 8bit grime instead of vocoderpop on (stolen) cheesy chiptewns....

No discussion is ever over unless one's an immovably bratty and self-important despot with a fashionable leaning toward abridged anarchy.

Brazil
infradead wrote:

anyone else want on it?

I'm in.

Unsubscribe
minusbaby wrote:

No discussion is ever over unless one's an immovably bratty and self-important despot with a fashionable leaning toward abridged anarchy.

Oh sweet does that mean this thread can end now?

Sweeeeeeden
infradead wrote:

anyone else want on it?

I'll steal both of your new versions and submit them again, which means I win the competition.

Iceland

I was actually looking for a new name to make music under. Is it cool if I steal hers?

Brazil
combatdave wrote:

I was actually looking for a new name to make music under. Is it cool if I steal hers?

I think it's cool. It's a cool name.

Springfield, MO
muffins wrote:
WeAreTheFuture wrote:

if shes got those grades from using other people music then its only fair in my opinion, no?

also ive heard this track before (obviously) but not sure who it is, it may have been posted already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Log_0tD … re=related

muffins wrote:

Anyone know what the original song is in this vid? http://youtu.be/Log_0tDRswU

seriously what is this song?

https://8bc.org/music/Knuckle+Joe/Neon+Sunset++DEMO/

Tacoma WA
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:
infradead wrote:

anyone else want on it?

I'm in.

oh yah.. ovenrake doesn't know he's on this comp so don't tell him i want to surprise him

Has the average image of a male chip musician really become androgynous enough that people seriously believe she's a man?

don't get me wrong, she's still woof IMO so throw the dawg a bone (just not mine)

filthadelphia
combatdave wrote:

http://www.myspace.com/wewereoncerobots/music

Her name isn't even original.