Philadelphia, PA

mic_ of XPMCK fame has recently released a video showing VGM (SN76489 for GG/SMS) playing on NES hardware using a PowerPak.

It's still in development and he's still ironing out a few kinks.  Currently since the SN76489 has 3 pulse channels and the stock 2a0x only has 2, it uses an extra pulse from VRC6.  Meaning if the project continues as is, a modded NES will be necessary.

He's also done other spectacular projects such as:

VGM Player for GB
VGM Player for TG-16/PCE
VGM Player for SNES
VGM Player for MD/Genesis
NSF Player for TG-16/PCE
SPC Player for SNES

All of them are released and located at his site.

If you want to know what can currently compose VGM (SN76489) music if you are looking at the playback options, currently you can use MOD2PSG2, XPMCK, and IT2VGM.

Brazil

I saw this a while ago, didn't paid much attention, but is really nicee. I have some vgm lying around, will try out some other players to see what it feels like!

Philadelphia, PA

He's finally released a demo of NESVGM.  I hacked it up with a song by GreaseMonkey using IT2VGM and kulor using MOD2PSG2 too.  My songs won't fit because they're over 200K and the PRG space (not including player code) is 128K with the mapper currently used.

Milwaukee, WI

My favorite is the NSF player for the PC-E.  His Sixpack project is quite cool aswell.  (Someone should sell me a core-grafx wink )

Philadelphia, PA

mic_ has updated his project with a song from RushJet1 and has posted a video on YouTube.