I play a few instruments : ) Accordion is my favorite buuut, piano, ukulele and guitar hahaha

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Dear god... Accordionstep...NOW! I don't care what anyone says.

IL, US
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

accordianstep? eww no...
polkacore, on the other hand.... (polka-breakcore hybrid)

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Polkacore was definitely more what I had in mind haha.  I wasn't thinking of dubstep I promise.

But yes...Polka-Breakcore...it's been decided...It's your destiny.

Madison, Alabama
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

Chillpolkawave

melbourne, australia

simon reynolds

Tokyo, Japan

Give this a read if you find any new terms.

http://www.sonicspot.com/guide/glossary.html

Also, bear in mind, several hours of reading is worth half an hour of jumping in and giving it a try

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/3988/ … hip-music/

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Jun 3, 2011 1:26 am)

polkastep

TSSBAY01

bogdan already did it

Brunswick, GA USA

inb4 polk audio

To OP: Though Reformat the Planet doco is the closest I can think of to a proper explanation of where the music came from, I'm not aware of a definitive book that describes this little set of electronic music (relative to, say, a biography of Kraftwerk, which would be a better read anyway. wink )

If you want to learn about the instruments there are books on synthesis but it's much easier (and most of the people called "good") learn slowly through personal experimentation. Hope that was useful

people get bogged down in the rhetoric of this stuff, if you're not writing a thesis just get on with it.

Chepachet, Rhode Island
4mat wrote:

people get bogged down in the rhetoric of this stuff, if you're not writing a thesis just get on with it.

San Francisco

better to have a specific question then have such a broad research question. if there is something specific about electronic music you want to learn search for that instead of just electronic music.

Connecticut USA

I feel like, this type of broad question would be better discussed in the chipmusic IRC. Just cuz I know people chillin in their love to talk methods of creation, hardware etc.

My brief advice? Just kinda start experimenting with different programs etc. Most of the questions will answer themselves as you advance.