Brazil

So...

I'm here cause I'm having issues in my work about music and all the Creative Commons. I need music to make videos, but since it's for commercial use I need it to be public domain.

Maybe i'm stupid but I couldn't find shit on the archive.org.

If anyone has any light in this matter, i'll be realy glad and can share a beer if I see any of you anyday.

EDIT: Also, i'm not after chipmusic PD music. smile

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Jun 14, 2011 7:10 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sound/list

edit; ooh: http://www.musopen.com/music

Last edited by ant1 (Jun 14, 2011 7:17 pm)

Brazil

Oh, nice! But is still not what we need here. But anyway, posting here is a ong shot. What we ook is for newer songs, not orchestra. It's for selling products. But anyway, I'm gonna bug it to the bosses to actually find the music their own and dea with it.

Brazil

lol at this: http://www.internetaudioguy.com/iag/fre … emusic.htm
great 90's stock music

Sweden

I know it's not what you're asking for, but if it's for selling products you coud surely buy a royalty free track for like $50, which would give you a lot more to choose from. As for (modern) quality PD music, I can't help you. Maybe some unrestrictively CC licensed stuff?

São Paulo, Brazil

Kurt is just kidding folks.

Here in Brazil WE DON'T MIND STEALING EVERYTHING.

hardcore, Australia

www.ccmixter.com has a lot some full songs.

Last edited by godinpants (Jun 14, 2011 10:36 pm)

Brazil
PULSELOOPER wrote:

Kurt is just kidding folks.

Here in Brazil WE DON'T MIND STEALING EVERYTHING.

Truth!

Probably gonna use the songs we have here anyway hahaha

I wouldn't mind to use CC music, but i'm not in charge and actually is not compromising my job anyway!

California

Buy one of those royalty free cds with the cheesiest music ever written on it.

New York City

Even if the song itself is public domain (most music from the 19th century is public domain if I am not wrong), you need to clear PERFORMANCE RIGHTS for it. This means, whoever played the particular version you want to use, needs to give you clearance to use it.

I'd suggests entering a website like extrememusic.com where you can buy music tracks for your commercial projects.

Brazil
akira^8GB wrote:

Even if the song itself is public domain (most music from the 19th century is public domain if I am not wrong), you need to clear PERFORMANCE RIGHTS for it. This means, whoever played the particular version you want to use, needs to give you clearance to use it.

I'd suggests entering a website like extrememusic.com where you can buy music tracks for your commercial projects.

We are asking for the artsits. But it's kinda frustrating and nevertheless you are totaly right. Oh well...

Brisbane, Australia

I worked with a guy who did a lot of radio work, whenever he needed music for similar sorts of things he'd use something from a music library. These are usually dvds full of original music specifically for use in advertisements, stingers, etc, although there's probably websites dedicated to that sort of thing as well. You can get them for free but bear in mind they are definitely not royalty free, it is expected if you use their music you'll pay royalties to them ... that said, not many people actually seem to pay any royalties, according to him. If your company is trying to be legit though the people who put them together are easy enough to contact so working out royalties etc won't be too hard.

Sweden
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

I wouldn't mind to use CC music, but i'm not in charge and actually is not compromising my job anyway!

Most of the tracks on ccmixter will still require you to attribute the work to the author in some way, which might look unprofessional depending on where you are going to use it.

Brazil
boomlinde wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Most of the tracks on ccmixter will still require you to attribute the work to the author in some way, which might look unprofessional depending on where you are going to use it.

Yeah, we are working on this yet.

The thing is: the type of company I work for, and the company for who I tercerize my job, don't give a fuck. They just don't want lawsuits filled. But neither they want to spend money to buy these libraries. Really, all they want is the income.

Nevertheless, was a long shot and a pretty stupid one.

Not sure if this is public domain but I use these songs all the time for various uses:
live.freeplaymusic.com

New York City

Just make it safe and do what I suggested: use an online music library like extrememusic. We use that here at MTV all the time.