Chicago IL

yeah what the hell this site isnt perfect yet and its been a whole two or three weeks

DE TRT
arlen wrote:
Pompei wrote:

Though I think it should be about the music, not the community.
The site is chip music after all, not chip community.

Just my opinion. No attacks pl0x.

That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while. Without the community there'd be no music.

Chipmusic was about the community in the first place!!

Well I'm sorry for not being here when it was just a community?
I'm not talking about ALL MUSIC.
There would obviously be a community, and there already is. I just think that the music should be the main part of it.

This is why I don't suggest anything. Everything I say is stupid.
I just make music.

Los Angeles
Pompei wrote:

This is why I don't suggest anything. Everything I say is stupid.
I just make music.

Please, keep on suggesting. I want to hear it. Don't take what others say too seriously.

0R360N

The likes system at 8BC is fucked IMO... some of the best songs I haver heard there have taken serious searching and have one or two "likes"

then there is the songs that keep gettin faved for the sake of trendiness, those get listened to over and over while some of the better songs go unnoticed.

there there is the people that make up stupid song names for the sake of attention. I cant take that sit seriously, and IMO it makes the whole sytsem fail

here is my song title, please LIKE it
MY FIRST LSDJ DUBSTEP BRK BRK BRK BIDDLY GOLDEN KITTEN RAINBOW SLUT PUSSY (with HOUSE vocals)

))<>((
Thretris wrote:

The likes system at 8BC is fucked IMO... some of the best songs I haver heard there have taken serious searching and have one or two "likes"

then there is the songs that keep gettin faved for the sake of trendiness, those get listened to over and over while some of the better songs go unnoticed.

there there is the people that make up stupid song names for the sake of attention. I cant take that sit seriously, and IMO it makes the whole sytsem fail

MY FIRST LSDJ DUBSTEP BRK BRK BRK BIDDLY GOLDEN KITTEN RAINBOW SLUT PUSSY (with HOUSE vocals)

I completely agree. One of my absolute favourite song has about 8 'likes', yet imo, it's one of the best songs I've heard on 8bc.

0R360N
tacticalbread wrote:

I completely agree. One of my absolute favourite song has about 8 'likes', yet imo, it's one of the best songs I've heard on 8bc.

he forgot to put BRK in the title, DRATS!

joule wrote:
trash80 wrote:

This is call a front page. It's on the "Missing features" list.

And also general usability.

There's nothing wrong with the forums. It has a standard structure.

I think the music sections layout and navigation should be a lot more intuitive, but i guess that's coming. At the first glance I hardly understand what i can do there, and maybe It's partly due to the color scheme. The layout and functions should be clear to anyone within "10 seconds" imo.

A very small specific example (maybe you have planned to change it):
The tag system should be introduced somewhere directly, so people get a sense of what is possible to do and how you navigate. Either by showing the tags in the list, or having tag search in the top search. The tags are only visible at the song page today, and it's a function you don't want to have to search for everytime you need it (if you ever even discovered it).

A gray world of dread

I'm confident that interface issues will be addressed once basic functionality is done, which is more important right now, in my opinion.

Last edited by µB (Jan 26, 2010 12:06 pm)

Well.. I don't think there will be a tendency to change things radically once they have been implemented. That's why I thought i wasn't skipping ahead too much.

A gray world of dread

Ok, my post wasn't very productive. I agree that there is room for improvement with the interface, but the site is still lacking main features (such as the front page) which should take priority over a tag-cloud or niceties like that. I also agree with you on making the options more accessible to the user.

As an aside, we have a lot of people skilled in graphic design (and in extension, interface design) around, I'm sure they'll have a good idea or two about a user friendly layout.

Why do you think things just stop once functionality is there? Or do you mean that function follows form and not vice versa?

Last edited by µB (Jan 26, 2010 12:09 pm)

Los Angeles
joule wrote:

Well.. I don't think there will be a tendency to change things radically once they have been implemented. That's why I thought i wasn't skipping ahead too much.

The problem with the tags not being in the search bar is a bug that was introduced 2 days ago.
As far as changes. There have been countless changes daily since the site has launched.

Los Angeles

also im confused on how the interface is complicated or confusing? there are 3 options and a list.

Joule you are just being nit picky at this point. it's already xtimes better than some other site and it JUST LAUNCHED.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩
Thretris wrote:

MY FIRST LSDJ DUBSTEP BRK BRK BRK BIDDLY GOLDEN KITTEN RAINBOW SLUT profanity (with HOUSE vocals)

Great names think alike

trash80 wrote:

also im confused on how the interface is complicated or confusing? there are 3 options and a list.

Joule you are just being nit picky at this point. it's already xtimes better than some other site and it JUST LAUNCHED.

No. I think those are relevant suggestions. The site is not better from a user experience pov. 8BC has its simplicity, focus and clear ideas that attracts attention.

Los Angeles
joule wrote:
trash80 wrote:

No. I think those are relevant suggestions. The site is not better from a user experience pov. 8BC has its simplicity, focus and clear ideas that attracts attention.

What?

Also you have failed to suggest anything. ever.

Tacoma WA
joule wrote:
joule wrote:

And also general usability.

There's nothing wrong with the forums. It has a standard structure.

I think the music sections layout and navigation should be a lot more intuitive, but i guess that's coming. At the first glance I hardly understand what i can do there, and maybe It's partly due to the color scheme. The layout and functions should be clear to anyone within "10 seconds" imo.

A very small specific example (maybe you have planned to change it):
The tag system should be introduced somewhere directly, so people get a sense of what is possible to do and how you navigate. Either by showing the tags in the list, or having tag search in the top search. The tags are only visible at the song page today, and it's a function you don't want to have to search for everytime you need it (if you ever even discovered it).

the tags need to be search able in a search bar. 

having a drop down wouldn't work.  people enter their own tags so the list would get to long to manage.  right now their isn't a lot of data, but it will end up in the thousands, eventually