New York City
4mat wrote:

Using a real amiga is such a pain (both in transferring and then software compatiblity and so on)

Only if you got a shitty A500 or something like that!
A1200s and A600s are easy to setup.

Personally, I love the AD/DA of the Amiga. If I had none, I might emulate, but I always made the little effort needed to always have an Amiga in my house.

Tokyo, Japan
bryface wrote:
chunter wrote:

Has anyone taken on the corrolary of "how do we get more people into tracking?"

if people were made more aware of the 20+-year backcatalogue of mindblowing module tunes on a regular basis i think there would be more interest.  not just that, but being able to sift out the best of the best - being shown the work of tracking legends, demoparty multichannel compo winners and the like.

A good place to start is http://www.mono211.com/modsoulbrother/ but I started a very education AHX Love thread with loads of people posting awesome AHX tunes, would anyone mind something similar for mod/xm?

Lazerbeat wrote:
bryface wrote:

if people were made more aware of the 20+-year backcatalogue of mindblowing module tunes on a regular basis i think there would be more interest.  not just that, but being able to sift out the best of the best - being shown the work of tracking legends, demoparty multichannel compo winners and the like.

A good place to start is http://www.mono211.com/modsoulbrother/ but I started a very education AHX Love thread with loads of people posting awesome AHX tunes, would anyone mind something similar for mod/xm?

Even a simple "Great MOD/XM tunes" thread would be nice, but if someone is willing to write up a nice op about mods by all means do it. I'll definitely contribute my favorite mods to it!

São Paulo, Brazil
Rouwe wrote:

[

Even a simple "Great MOD/XM tunes" thread would be nice, but if someone is willing to write up a nice op about mods by all means do it. I'll definitely contribute my favorite mods to it!

I think you should start this thread right away. smile

PULSELOOPER wrote:
Rouwe wrote:

[

I think you should start this thread right away. smile

Oh, alright I guess I'll do it! I'll try to add in a little history lesson and some other stuff too.

akira^8GB wrote:
4mat wrote:

Using a real amiga is such a pain (both in transferring and then software compatiblity and so on)

Only if you got a shitty A500 or something like that!
A1200s and A600s are easy to setup.

Personally, I love the AD/DA of the Amiga. If I had none, I might emulate, but I always made the little effort needed to always have an Amiga in my house.

how many "how do I run X on Y" 20 page threads have you had Akira? wink

New York City
4mat wrote:

Fair enough xD
But those SAME problems would arise even with emulation.
"How do I run the emulator, what is workbench, I got an ADF , what do I do with it" and more.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jul 24, 2011 12:00 am)

São Paulo, Brazil
akira^8GB wrote:
4mat wrote:

Fair enough xD
But those SAME problems would arise even with emulation.
"How do I run the emulator, what is workbench, I got an ADF , what do I do with it" and more.

don't forget the classical, "is there winUAE for mac?"

[edit]

Last edited by 4mat (Jul 24, 2011 5:02 pm)

Australia

AMMMIIIIIGAAAAAAAA!  (sorry, someone had to keep the dream alive here)

vancouver, canada

in case anyone is still wondering, rouwe made a "Great Module Tunes & Tracker History" thread where tracking n00bs can be enlightened on MOD/XM/IT recommendations, and the nuances of the tracker scene.  go there and post your top picks and knowledge:

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4777/ … d-history/

thx rouwe

bryface wrote:

in case anyone is still wondering, rouwe made a "Great Module Tunes & Tracker History" thread where tracking n00bs can be enlightened on MOD/XM/IT recommendations, and the nuances of the tracker scene.  go there and post your top picks and knowledge:

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4777/ … d-history/

thx rouwe

Thank you for contributing to the thread, some really cool mods in there. We need more people posting songs though, come on guys!