Tokyo, Japan

It is like fnords

Also, I saw a Minikomi live set which was about 90 percent piggy and he is really rather good at the pig.

mk wrote:

I'm using this right now, it looks soooooo great yau!

Last edited by Holy Konni (Aug 2, 2011 1:53 pm)

I'm thinking about getting a Dingoo to use LGPT on, does it sound as well as the PSP? I figured it might be worse sounding since its chinamade and cheaper and smaller...

Can someone clearify?

Brazil

AFAIK, it does quite well.
I only use Dingoo and it does the job that I want. Really good in shows (the 808 sample I use get's really THICK).

Pulselooper might have a better insight on the question cause he is using both. I know there is some difference in sound.

Thankyou kindly mr beat.. And thanks for lending me your dingoo too

Feel free to remix or steal my samples left on your card haha

Geneva, NY
Holy Konni wrote:

I'm thinking about getting a Dingoo to use LGPT on, does it sound as well as the PSP? I figured it might be worse sounding since its chinamade and cheaper and smaller...

Can someone clearify?

From earlier in this thread:

http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/44450/#p44450

Tokyo, Japan

oh FINE! link your own post...

http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/44529/#p44529

Brazil
mk wrote:

Thankyou kindly mr beat.. And thanks for lending me your dingoo too

Feel free to remix or steal my samples left on your card haha

lol what?

Geneva, NY

Yeah cuz mine was first and I used the bold tag like a champ.

Brazil

But bleo, he wanted to know more of the sound aspect, i think. And both those threads speaks of pros and cons of the hardware itself, not the sound.

Is there any difference?

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Aug 2, 2011 2:32 pm)

Geneva, NY
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

But bleo, he wanted to know more of the sound aspect, i think. And both those threads speaks of pros and cons of the hardware itself, not the sound.

Is there any difference?

I totally talk about sound in my post. tongue

Milwaukee, WI

Ok. FINE. I won't fuck the wiki. wink

Nice to see the "sample editor" text was changed to "sample browser" too. A++ Would buy from again.

Brazil
bleo wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Is there any difference?

I totally talk about sound in my post. tongue

lol totally missed. It's buried between the battery time and prices.

Still, I LOVE MY DINGOO (but I'd rather buy a Canoo for other stuff too)

Milwaukee, WI

I heart my PSP.  Couldn't pig on anything else!

São Paulo, Brazil

I use the PSP for writing songs at home.

I use the Dingoo for writing songs at São Paulo mean streets.

San Francisco
Theta_Frost wrote:

I heart my PSP.  Couldn't pig on anything else!

have you tried anything else?

also i am a psp and dingoo user. let me give my breakdown now that i have had this setup for longer then the last time i posted.

PSP
still more comfortable to use. still bigger and harder to cary in the pocket. sound quality is clean. easy hacking with big community support. devoted volume switch and sleep mode. slow boot time. mac friendly. low power indicator. socially associated with vg pirating (that might not matter to u but i always take it into consideration for when i play live). LGPT build quality is excellent. I dont like the headphone jack location. sometimes i feel like it gets in the way especially when i am playing live with wires running to my mixer. excellent screen quality. price $+220 for a new slim, $+200 for a 1000. 2000 used $86 and $70 for a used 1000. 3000 and Go not fully hacked and not all 2000s are hackable. got to be gentle with the thing. not built to be tossed around.

DINGOO
small. less comfortable but not terrible. sound quality is clean but maybe slightly less then the psp but fattens bass up a bit and louder signal. easy hacking with smaller but decent community support. no sleep mode and no devoted volume buttons so they are mapped to the keys limiting custom key setup and causes a change in volume from one file to another if you adjust the volume and load another song. This is easily fixed. near instant booting. not fully friendly with macs.  no low power indicator but there are signs. socially associated with open source homebrew. LGPT build quality is excellent. headphone jack is in a really shit location but there is the option of plugging into the aux out in the bottom middle. it is in the perfect location and is super comfortable when plug in. excellent screen quality tho it is smaller. prices $89 new unit. throw the muther fucker if you want its not that important and i have never broken this guy like i did with my first PSP. shit is built for that.

what i end up doing is using my psp for when i am laying around the house. its comfortable and convenient. feels nice. I use my dingoo when i am on the go. if i am going on a trip its easy to pack there is a decent battery life and is super light.

If you write music on the go i would definitely recommend the dingoo i love the thing. it is brilliant.
i love my PSPs too because they are just so damn comfortable.

Live music is best done on a dingoo tho. i feel whole the wire issue, positive social stigma, and easy packing is ace.

in the end i use my dingoo more. you get a new machine with good sturdy build quality and for a cheap price. all around it is more useful to me because it can do everything the same as a psp but slightly less comfortable and with more portability. dont forget that quick boot too.

yup. i say dingoo if you are going to buy one. if your going to buy 2 maybe a dingoo and a refurb psp.