BOSTON

Hey guys!! I'm FOOKED.

I just had an LSDJ cart crash, conveniently with all of my newest songs... I have 2 *really* important shows and recording dates coming up, so I am *in a panic*. Also, 8bitcollective is down, so I can't search through posts for how to handle this. GAH

Is there hope?? Who should I talk to about recovering .sav data?? I'll basically do anything to get these back. PLZ HALP THANKS

New York City

You are basically fucked if your battery ran out. Or do you have only corruption?
You can try to send the SAV to nitro2k01. Sometimes he is able to fix them, but no promises.

BOSTON

ON IT!

I'm sending the cart to kitsch, extract the .sav, and hopefully nitro2k01 can work his magic... BLAH

thx for the tip akira

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Jan 20, 2010 11:19 pm)

Central-ish VA

Does anyone know roughly how long the battery in, say, a bleepbloop non-USB cart lasts?  It's this sort of thing that I'm very worried about and figure I should prepare for.

New York City

As I said, if your battery ran out, you will be out of luck.
What nitro can fix (some times) is crash related corruption.

We've all faced this many times. My solution is to write new shit tongue
There's only one tune I wish I had recorded, I played it live only once in Stockholm, in April 2008. ;_;

Beverage wrote:

Does anyone know roughly how long the battery in, say, a bleepbloop non-USB cart lasts?  It's this sort of thing that I'm very worried about and figure I should prepare for.

I don't know about that, worrying about batteries is so annoying!

But my e-Merger carts usually deplete their batteries after roughly 4 years. At least this has been my calculation in 2 battery exchanges I had to make since I got the kit.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 21, 2010 12:12 am)

Riverside, CA

should've gotten a usb cart so you can back your stuff up.....

BOSTON
The Silph Scope wrote:

should've gotten a usb cart so you can back your stuff up.....

I have 2 USB carts, and this was just some old EMS I got from Low-Gain a while back that I had been playing around with, and "accidentally" wrote a bunch of awesome songs on it...

I was actually in the process of ordering a new smartcart and have Kitsch back it up for me when this happened. learned my lesson tongue

BOSTON

Brooklyn NY US

Lost all my recent work in a cart battery death two days ago.
( ; _____________________ ; )

Courage Wolf, give me strength in this time of weighty challenge and grief.

New York City

What would that contain, Mr. bit Shifter? That is a sad loss.

Sweeeeeeden

BP, the sav is lost, at least as far as I can. It's filled mostly with garbage, and some of it resembles song data, but I can't recover anything useful unfortunately.

Brooklyn NY US
akira^8GB wrote:

What would that contain, Mr. bit Shifter? That is a sad loss.

Hey thanks Akira. It could've been worse, honestly. Lost two finished tracks ("Maneuverer" & "Winning The War On Pseudoscience") and a handful of works in progress, only one of which was really going anywhere. Originally thought I'd lost "Easy Prey" too, but it turned out I'd also had that one saved to a second cart. Of the three, that was the one I'd have been most upset to lose.

New York City

I'm gonna book the next direct flight to Hong Kong and fucking kill the cartridge manufacturer, the battery manufacturer, who else? Maybe the creator of nanoloop? JUST TELL ME.

xD

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 28, 2010 7:23 pm)

Brooklyn NY US

LOL!

Please Akira, Don't Hurt 'Em

BOSTON
nitro2k01 wrote:

BP, the sav is lost, at least as far as I can. It's filled mostly with garbage, and some of it resembles song data, but I can't recover anything useful unfortunately.

hey nitro, i really appreciate the effort!! regardless, everybody has been awesomely helpful!!

bitshifter: may our dead songs play on like glitched out sprites into infinity!!!!!!!!!!!!

akira^8GB wrote:

I'm gonna book the next direct flight to Hong Kong and fucking kill the cartridge manufacturer, the battery manufacturer, who else? Maybe the creator of nanoloop? JUST TELL ME.

xD

KARATE VIDS PLZ

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Jan 28, 2010 11:24 pm)

Madison, WI
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

may our dead songs play on like glitched out sprites into infinity!!!!!!!!!!!!