Unsubscribe
Decktonic wrote:

You guys misunderstand me. The DS10 emulates a very famous, classic synthesizer.

Yea but if you have actually used the synth you quickly see its an emu in design only.. the i0s ms-20 emu from korg is arguably better sounding/more realistic.

ant1 wrote:

how do you use a tracker on a machine with no keyboard? yikes

sunvox very smartly uses a combo of virtual keyboard and touch controls.. its really fun!

Wilmington,NC

What is the 8Bitone like? Does it sequence well? There are mixed reviews on itunes.

herr_prof wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

You guys misunderstand me. The DS10 emulates a very famous, classic synthesizer.

Yea but if you have actually used the synth you quickly see its an emu in design only.. the i0s ms-20 emu from korg is arguably better sounding/more realistic.

This thing wasn't even 30 bucks. I like that it sounds like an over driven toy.  LYKA BAWS.

california

Okay here we go:

soultron wrote:

What is the 8Bitone like? Does it sequence well? There are mixed reviews on itunes.

Yeah it's cool. You can make songs with it. I would recommend nanoloop first, but yeah.

ant1 wrote:

how do you use a tracker on a machine with no keyboard?

Its tricky but it can be done. Yeah sunvox does it. I'm not sure if I'm going to do it like that.

pixls wrote:

If there was a way to save patterns and sequence things, like, pull that idea to a full application capable of making a whole songs.

Let me clarify, The Kaoscillator thing is a seperate idea from the tracker/songmaker thing. It would be a live tool.

Decktonic wrote:

I like this idea. Maybe a totally new take on making sounds rather than just trying to tap a tiny keyboard or enter notes on a cramped grid.

Exactly, that's been the problem with a lot of iphone apps. Especially for live use.

San Francisco

truthfully i would like to see a sequencer program with a song mode similar to that of lsdj or ableton for live use. that is to say a loop based live device that you write out loops and activate other loops to make a song progression. this interface is best suited for machines or software with limited sound capacity for small devices. so probably a limited amount of channels would be best. actually i have been wanting to build a program that is more visual bassed like this for a while. gizmo, would you care to talk about a project like this with me? I am starting to learn about the basics of making an app right now. pm me. i would love to get some help and input from another person.

Last edited by wedanced (Feb 5, 2011 9:39 pm)

Psydney, Australia

I'm late to the party, but one thing I always wanted was a program that can load existing tracker formats (perhaps .mod?) and enable you to manipulate them live. Like, turn channels or intsruments on and off, perhaps edit some instrument params, a filter, etc.

Italy

Tried 2x the Milkytracker port on Android (LG Optimus 3d) and imho it's unusable...

BOSTON
wedanced wrote:

truthfully i would like to see a sequencer program with a song mode similar to that of lsdj or ableton for live use. that is to say a loop based live device that you write out loops and activate other loops to make a song progression.

1000X this. there are plenty of decent writing tools, but no real "performing" tools that allow for structural improvisation. given the possibilities of a touchscreen, the new inter-app midi sync and what iOS is capable of performance-wise, I'd say that would be a massive big deal! think of a tablet ableton rig??

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Sep 16, 2011 7:32 pm)

San Francisco

I have a UI designed and some ideas for anyone who would be interested in teaming up and help with the actual programing. I got all the conceptual stuff worked out with a nice workflow just need some help with the actual production.