uhajdafdfdfa
fedepede04 wrote:

questions : how dos Arpeggio work in a normal tracker:

- do you have to set the Arpeggio Efx on all notes or just one and it will continue to  receive a second note.

-  can have both plus and minus values. eg 0,3,7 or 0,-3, -7 even mix values

in most trackers you have to set it on all notes (all rows, actually)
and can't have negative values

some trackers (famitracker/!) you can turn on the arpeggio once and it stays on until you turn it off. I think this way is better.
both plus and minus would be good too !

Thank Ant1 appreciate

now I just have to find out, what is possible and can be done.

/Peter

Joliette, QC, Canada

wow ! this is awesome !!
Is there a way the export songs in .sndh ?

btw are you the one who did The Editor on ST ? If yes do you know where I can get it ?

Last edited by XyNo (Sep 18, 2011 7:15 pm)

XyNo wrote:

wow ! this is awesome !!

btw are you the one who did The Editor on ST ? If yes do you know where I can get it ?

Thanks.

No not yet, both here and at the atari forum, there are several who have asked after sndh support, I will add it to my to-do list, and if it's something I can do, then I will put it in.
but it will probably take long before it happens, have many things I must have made first.

Yes is me that made the Atari St Editor.
It was an early version that survived, i don't want to give it a way because, it runs like s**t
it is not worth giving away, trust me

I will most likely make a player for the Atari ST,  which can play the score from the PC-player,
I am also considering making a midi module for the Atari, that use the same sound structure.

/peter

Last edited by fedepede04 (Sep 18, 2011 7:47 pm)

Joliette, QC, Canada
fedepede04 wrote:
XyNo wrote:

wow ! this is awesome !!

Thanks.

No not yet, both here and at the atari forum, there are several who have asked after sndh support, I will add it to my to-do list, and if it's something I can do, then I will put it in.
but it will probably take long before it happens, have many things I must have made first.

It was an early version that survived, i don't want to give it a way because, it runs like s**t

I will most likely make a player for the Atari ST,  which can play the score from the PC-player,
I am also considering making a midi module for the Atari, that use the same sound structure.

/peter

Nice !!! lol it's okay, I hate bugs anyway and this tracker got the same style of tracking that I wanted to try !
A ST player would be really nice ! (always sounds better on the real deal !)
Keep up the good work !!! big_smile

XyNo wrote:
fedepede04 wrote:

Thanks.

/peter

Nice !!! lol it's okay, I hate bugs anyway and this tracker got the same style of tracking that I wanted to try !
A ST player would be really nice ! (always sounds better on the real deal !)
Keep up the good work !!! big_smile

Thanks Again.

But you could try My Dos-Tracker smile  is runs Ok.
There are some minor errors in it, but none of significance.

/Peter

Nomad's Land

hi. i have some more feature requests for you, this time mostly related to editing. i'm sure you have planned some of these already, just to make sure here it goes.

- Porous Paste - paste marked section over or under score data already present in the insert range.
- Transpose only selected instrument in marked section
- Possibility to change all instrument occurances in marked section

also i believe i found another bug. when there are noise instruments playing consecutively in different channels, noise pitch values will be overwritten by the channel with the highest priority.

fedepede04 wrote:
irrlichtproject wrote:

- Window ignores the Taskbar. Maybe add Fullscreen mode to avoid this.
- Display total length of envelope.

Don't know what you exactly mean here.

1) If the editor window is maximized, it hides behind the Windows Start button and whatever you have down there, so bottom part of the window is not visible.

2) At the moment it is rather impossible to determine how long a note will sound. Therefore the total length of the volume envelope in note bars should be displayed somewhere.

fedepede04 wrote:
irrlichtproject wrote:

- The currently edited line should be in the center of the score view, not on top.

just click in the score windows where you want the edit line.

ah yes, got it. understood what "Rel" does, too.
There should also be a Note Stop which stops sound of an instrument immediately.
The volume envelope should work like the Amp Modulation works now. The Amp Modulation could be a LFO instead, to make tremolos.

fedepede04 wrote:

if you could change background color in different place of the score. eg. if the background color of the first 8 bars was blue, and the next 16 bars was red and so on, i think it would provide a better over view.

yes, that's a very good idea. and reserve some screen space for some colored, clickable squares representing the bar colors of the active sections.

looking forward to the next major update wink

Hi irrlichtproject.

irrlichtproject wrote:

- Porous Paste - paste marked section over or under score data already present in the insert range.
- Transpose only selected instrument in marked section
- Possibility to change all instrument occurances in marked section

- Porous Paste, i have to look into that later, -  it's require a hole new copy past routine
- Transpose only selected instrument           -  it will come in a later version
- Possibility to change all instrument             -  do you mean replacing a instrument to another, if yes, then is a good idea.

irrlichtproject wrote:

also i believe i found another bug. when there are noise instruments playing consecutively in different channels, noise pitch values will be overwritten by the channel with the highest priority.

no it is a hardware limit of the YM2149 chip, you can have noise in all 3 channals but only one noise frequency

irrlichtproject wrote:

- Window ignores the Taskbar. Maybe add Fullscreen mode to avoid this.
- Display total length of envelope.

- Window ignores the Taskbar.    --- Still don't get it, could you uploaded a screen dump so i can see what you mean.
- Display total length of envelope---- Length of the sound if nearly impossible, due to the fact if you use Sustain-Hold the sound can run infinite.

irrlichtproject wrote:

There should also be a Note Stop which stops sound of an instrument immediately.
The volume envelope should work like the Amp Modulation works now. The Amp Modulation could be a LFO instead, to make tremolos.

- Note stop - sound like a good idea

The Amp Modulation is for tremolos, but if you make a sound where the start volume is 255 and the sustain is also 255 and sustain hold is on.
then if you use the amp-mod, it will work like a Envelope i can send you some instruments to illustrate it.
I can't make i any diffident because i don't have any more space in my instruments, only a few byte left.

/Peter

Nomad's Land

hi Peter,

fedepede04 wrote:

- Possibility to change all instrument             -  do you mean replacing a instrument to another, if yes, then is a good idea.

yes that's what i meant.

fedepede04 wrote:
irrlichtproject wrote:

no it is a hardware limit of the YM2149 chip, you can have noise in all 3 channals but only one noise frequency

that limit applies only if you have more than one noise instrument playing at the same time. if you use noise instruments one after another, each should use their own frequency setting. however, at the moment they don't reset properly. if you have a snare on channel 2 and afterwards some hihats on channel 1, the hihats will play at the frequency of the snare instead of using their own setting.

fedepede04 wrote:

- Display total length of envelope---- Length of the sound if nearly impossible, due to the fact if you use Sustain-Hold the sound can run infinite.

in this case just display the length from attack start to release point.

fedepede04 wrote:

The Amp Modulation is for tremolos, but if you make a sound where the start volume is 255 and the sustain is also 255 and sustain hold is on.
then if you use the amp-mod, it will work like a Envelope i can send you some instruments to illustrate it.
I can't make i any diffident because i don't have any more space in my instruments, only a few byte left.

ok, i can live with that. now i have to find out how to make my beloved envelope-only instruments (without tone or noise) wink

edit: screenshot for taskbar bug is here: http://home.arcor.de/ipcore/pix/tbbug.jpg

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Sep 19, 2011 7:16 pm)

Hi irrlichtproject

i also have other idea one of my friends(also beta tester) and me have talk about, let you  hide instruments in the track to give a better overview, i think i will use it same with transpose so only the instruments you can se will be transposed,
btw you know if some the channels are off they wont be transposed, the same with copy and delete.

irrlichtproject wrote:

that limit applies only if you have more than one noise instrument playing at the same time. if you use noise instruments one after another, each should use their own frequency setting. however, at the moment they don't reset properly. if you have a snare on channel 2 and afterwards some hihats on channel 1, the hihats will play at the frequency of the snare instead of using their own setting.

i will look into that immediately.

irrlichtproject wrote:

in this case just display the length from attack start to release point.

i can maybe make  some sort of print length, if you don't use sustain hold, but where to print it?

irrlichtproject wrote:

ok, i can live with that. now i have to find out how to make my beloved envelope-only instruments (without tone or noise) wink

Looking forward to hear something. smile

irrlichtproject wrote:

i'll upload a screenshot for the taskbar-problem later.

Cool.
If you like you can send me your Email, then i can add you to my beta tester
My Email is [email protected]

irrlichtproject wrote:

edit: screenshot for taskbar bug is here: http://home.arcor.de/ipcore/pix/tbbug.jpg

Ok now i see,
The easiest way would be to go to property taskbar, and disable "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows."
but i will se if there is a way to overwrite this. ---  Fixed --- edit 19-09-2011 23.23 - add show/hide Taskbar

i have locate the Noise error, it happens if you use noise bend, it does not stop when note is has ended. Fixed 20-09-2011 00.31
/peter

Last edited by fedepede04 (Sep 19, 2011 10:31 pm)

Nomad's Land

glad to hear you've smashed that noise bug. have you updated the download? maybe you could add a version number to the file name, too.

i'm already working on some demo tunes, however i'm a very slow composer so it might take some time before i actually release something.

fedepede04 wrote:

i also have other idea one of my friends(also beta tester) and me have talk about, let you  hide instruments in the track to give a better overview

hmm, i think hiding the instruments would actually make things more confusing. but if other people requested this feature i don't see why not.

fedepede04 wrote:

i can maybe make  some sort of print length, if you don't use sustain hold, but where to print it?

hmm, i guess only possibility would be to print it next to the tab heading, so it reads "Envelope - L: nnnn"
it wouldn't look very nice of course... but i think it's a really necessary function.

anyway beta tester application sent wink

Hi All.
i just uploaded a new Beta it is still on Rapid share, i did not had the time to finish my web-page
The Link is in the first post.

/Peter

Nomad's Land

c'mon ppl try this tracker, it already works quite well and it's really simple and intuitive to use.

Chicago IL
fedepede04 wrote:

-  can have both plus and minus values. eg 0,3,7 or 0,-3, -7 even mix values

you would need to sort of transpose it to do negatives. for 0 -3 -7 you would make the note 7 steps lower, then use 7 4 0. but that would only work in a table setting, and not in an arp command (because it would be the equivalent of 7 11 7, or 0 4 0 if you went back up to the original pitch.)

to use it in a command, you'd have to make it start on the bottom note. so say you want a C4 descending arp at 0 -3 -7. what you would do is transpose the note down to F3. this is the equivalent of starting at -7. this is the last note in the descending arp, so the first number would be 7, or C4. C4 minus -3 notes would be A2, which is F3 +4.

which would make the command:

F3 C4 A2
0   7   4

the highest note is still C4 and the lowest note is still F3, and it descends in the right order, it just can't START at the highest note.

Chicago IL

sorry, i thought that was from someone trying to learn trackers and not the main dude in this thread building trackers haha.

it should be useful to SOMEONE though.