Los Angeles

though now that I'm looking at it, that might be too cramped again for smaller resolutions. I'll leave it for now, and just implement the tab when I have some more time later today.

Did anyone already suggest to have the song playing while you look through the forums?

Not sure if that would be possible, but it would be great.

Los Angeles
someonesomewhere wrote:

Did anyone already suggest to have the song playing while you look through the forums?

Yeah I tried doing a javascript takeover to convert the site to ajax for that... it kind of failed on a number of areas so I decided to stop for now.

vancouver, canada
trash80 wrote:

Yeah I tried doing a javascript takeover to convert the site to ajax for that... it kind of failed on a number of areas so I decided to stop for now.

you could always try a.... coughPOPUPcough

no just kidding... the dynamic player definitely helps as is. 

if you like, i can whip up a custom audio player - i specialize in actionscript development.  i see that stock flash player used everywhere (ok i used it too) and cm.org could certainly use one with a niftier interface.

Los Angeles
bryface wrote:

you could always try a.... coughPOPUPcough

if you like, i can whip up a custom audio player - i specialize in actionscript development.  i see that stock flash player used everywhere (ok i used it too) and cm.org could certainly use one with a niftier interface.

Yeah a popup is one of the best solutions, especially because it would be nice to have a all-on-one viewing/commenting/playlists/etc app.

Thanks though I was actually thinking of switching to jplayer, that way it will work on ipOS.

The Hollow Earth
someonesomewhere wrote:

As long as it doesn't auto-start.... I usually am listening to music already when I'm browsing the web and get annoyed when I start hearing something I know is not in the song I'm listening to and have to go hunting around on the page, looking for the player so I can press stop. ^^;;;

Philly, PA, USA

I usually can't stand a popup music player, usually because if i just want to listen to one thing i forget that it's open when it's done, or if i want to listen to multiple things it just doesn't work out nicely...

A persistent thing could be cool, except it would probably get tripped up by using multiple tabs, though i'm not really an expert on this stuff.

For me I know just having the music i'm listening to open in one tab and doing my browsing in other tabs is easier and neater.

What would be nice as just a little addon, would maybe be the addition of a kind of "play all" button for the music shown on the homepage. So if it's always 4 columns that would make that a bit easier i guess, if not though, I guess you could just have it run through whatever the ranking is. I don't know I haven't really thought this idea out yet, but like a button that lets you listen to all the things on the front page. that would be cool.

oh also also, maybe to differentiate the icons for forum and home maybe make the forum icon like horizontal lines, as that's kind of how the page is organized

Last edited by pixls (Sep 21, 2011 5:59 am)

Philly, PA, USA

WHAT HAPPENED? things got all weird, the dots are all in a row, and things look generally greyer...

Los Angeles
pixls wrote:

WHAT HAPPENED? things got all weird, the dots are all in a row, and things look generally greyer...

Dots have been stylized as meters to avoid confusion.

nothing has been greyer, its still the same there.

The chipmusic randomplayer still works if you're ok with throwing your selection to randomness..

http://chipmusicradio.heroku.com

Last edited by mk (Sep 23, 2011 12:24 am)

Los Angeles
mk wrote:

The chipmusic randomplayer still works if you're ok with throwing your selection to randomness..

http://chipmusicradio.heroku.com

There is also a random selection on the music page filter dropdown. wink

Abandoned on Fire

It looks like "View your favorites" and "View your subscribed threads" is gone from the profile section.  sad

Los Angeles
egr wrote:

It looks like "View your favorites" and "View your subscribed threads" is gone from the profile section.  sad

Oh I knew I would miss something. I'll look into it.

Los Angeles
egr wrote:

Fixed. It's back, sorry bout that. cool

Whitley Bay, England

There's a very slight overlap between the people online and the latest posts. I guess it's only noticeable when there's this many people online, thought it'd be worth flagging up though!

Los Angeles
TraceKaiser wrote:

There's a very slight overlap between the people online and the latest posts. I guess it's only noticeable when there's this many people online, thought it'd be worth flagging up though!

On the front page? I think i saw that when the resolution was small enough to cause squishing.