Russia, Moscow

I don't recommend to use DAC channel for tuned sounds, as sample playing speed is not guaranteed and not stable. You will have problems with it.

Shiru wrote:

I don't recommend to use DAC channel for tuned sounds, as sample playing speed is not guaranteed and not stable. You will have problems with it.

Many thanks for the response, I think I will use the DAC only for things like drums.

Chicago IL

i'm having this problem with the PSG channels.

i'm working with PSG channels 1, 2 and 4. when i start writing in the third PSG channel, the noise channel gets stuck in a low octave. it becomes impossible to use it for hi hats, everything sounds like a snare.

it isn't just the tracker, because it happens on vgm export. and it won't change back unless i quit and reopen.

Last edited by Saskrotch (Sep 27, 2011 4:40 am)

Russia, Moscow
The docs wrote:

PSG channels aren't equal. There are three tone channels (PSG 1-3), and one noise channel (PSG 4). There are few noise channel modes, some of them also use PSG 3:

Normal white noise mode only allows to use three pitches of the noise - low (note C), middle (note C#), high (note D). In this mode noise channel does not interact with PSG 3.

With note D# on PSG 4 you enable fine pitch control for white noise. In this case pitch of the noise is defined by a note on PSG 3, and both channels sounds at once (tone from PSG 3 and noise from PSG 4). If you want to mute the tone completely, use a PSG instrument with TL=127 on PSG 3.

Chicago IL

okay, so it basically goes to SMS/GG mode once all four are being used. weird!

Russia, Moscow

No, it not goes to SMS/GG mode. PSG works the same regardless of a system.

Can someone help me, I´m tryinfg to write a music using the program but is very difficult to learn it, its possible to make a music in midi and after that convert to the vge format??? Can someone help if i send the midi music to convert it???

Russia, Moscow

A video tutorial

There is no MIDI import. You can 'convert' it by hand, or try to convert MIDI>MOD>VGM MM, but the result will be bad, and will require manual edit anyway (you have to load or create instruments at least).

thanks its healps a lot!!! smile

Can someone give me some insight on this? I'm trying to create a song with a steady tempo of 132 (or something close), and setting the speed values to 10 / 4 will give me that tempo, however it will play the first row "slow" and the second row "fast". I know why it does that, I just want to know how to keep the same tempo, but not have the "swing" feel to the song. Doing a bunch of complicated note delays doesn't seem like the right idea.

Russia, Moscow

It is simply not possible to have arbitrary tempo, because update resolution is fixed and low (1/50s).

rochester, ny
wazkatango wrote:

Can someone give me some insight on this? I'm trying to create a song with a steady tempo of 132 (or something close), and setting the speed values to 10 / 4 will give me that tempo, however it will play the first row "slow" and the second row "fast". I know why it does that, I just want to know how to keep the same tempo, but not have the "swing" feel to the song. Doing a bunch of complicated note delays doesn't seem like the right idea.

setting the speed values to 10 and 4 means that the first note gets ten ticks and the second note gets 4 ticks. thus, the first row last longer than the second row. if you want it to play at a steady tempo then you have to set the speed values to be equal.

Chicago IL

you could also make the second speed 1 or 2 and skip every other line when you're writing.

uhajdafdfdfa
nickmaynard wrote:
wazkatango wrote:

setting the speed values to 10 and 4 means that the first note gets ten ticks and the second note gets 4 ticks. thus, the first row last longer than the second row. if you want it to play at a steady tempo then you have to set the speed values to be equal.

so 7/ 7?

Is there some way to change the update rate to something else, as in 60hz instead of 50hz? That's probably why I can't find the right tempo.

Russia, Moscow

No.

Edit: Yes.

Last edited by Shiru (Nov 15, 2011 8:17 pm)