Geneva, NY

OK, then here's your answer:

mth wrote:
#ReNaTo# wrote:

Let me ask... I'm a GA330 user, can you share the source for us? The people will try to port, because we really want dingux on gemei.

Links to the source are on the download page (kernel and rootfs git). The problem with porting to the GA330 is the lack of documenation of the hardware.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-rel … /#msg32841

São Paulo, Brazil

I'm having a hard time trying to map my joystick buttons to lgpt on osx.

I followed the instructions on the wiki:

open up the terminal OK

go wherever you downloaded piggy and on the command line type:

./LittleGPTracker.app/Contents/MacOS/LittleGPTracker -DUMPEVENT=YES OK

hit the buttons you want to use and copy the values piggy spits out OK

2) make a mapping file OK

Here's the mapping.xml file I created:

<MAPPINGS>
<MAP src="joy(0)::1=-32768" dst="/event/up" />
<MAP src="joy(0)::1=32767" dst="/event/down" />
<MAP src="joy(0)::1=-32768" dst="/event/left" />
<MAP src="joy(0)::0=32767" dst="/event/right" />
<MAP src="but(0):3" dst="/event/a" />
<MAP src="but(0):0" dst="/event/b" />
<MAP src="but(0):5" dst="/event/rshoulder" />
<MAP src="but(0):7" dst="/event/rshoulder" />
<MAP src="but(0):4" dst="/event/lshoulder" />
<MAP src="but(0):6" dst="/event/lshoulder" />
<MAP src="but(0):9" dst="/event/start" />
</MAPPINGS>

But lgpt fails to recognize my joystick. Anything I'm doing wrong?

thanks!

Massachusetts, USA

PULSELOOPER, I wish I could help you but I can't... but do you happen to know which button on a macbook is the equivalent of LT/Left Shoulder/Right Control?  I want to clone my chains/phrases but I can't.

My googling skills have failed me.  I tried to reassign with my config.xml with no success.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!
-sam

San Francisco

lack of documentation is always the problem. DAMN CLOSED SOURCE THINGS AND STUFFFFF.

Geneva, NY
sammulligan wrote:

PULSELOOPER, I wish I could help you but I can't... but do you happen to know which button on a macbook is the equivalent of LT/Left Shoulder/Right Control?  I want to clone my chains/phrases but I can't.

My googling skills have failed me.  I tried to reassign with my config.xml with no success.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!
-sam

You probably already checked this, but if not:
http://gorehole.org/lgptWiki/doku.php?id=lgpt:config

Also, gotta make sure you edit it in a text editor that won't add any hidden formatting code, cuz that breaks things. Also also also check where you're putting the config.xml: I can't remember if it needs to sit in the same folder as the executable or not w/ OSX (also varies depending on if you're using latest ghetto vs. latest stable).

Massachusetts, USA

I did check that, but made the key reassignment changes with Dashcode.  I re-made the config in TextWrangler, put it in the same folder as the executable and it worked perfectly!  Thanks bleo!

Geneva, NY
sammulligan wrote:

I did check that, but made the key reassignment changes with Dashcode.  I re-made the config in TextWrangler, put it in the same folder as the executable and it worked perfectly!  Thanks bleo!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

São Paulo, Brazil

I don't know why, but the osx key mapping described on the lgpt wiki doesn't seem to be right. I searched the piggy mailing list and found this one:

<MAPPINGS>
<MAP src="joy:0:1-" dst="/event/up" />
<MAP src="joy:0:1+" dst="/event/down" />
<MAP src="joy:0:0-" dst="/event/left" />
<MAP src="joy:0:0+" dst="/event/right" />
<MAP src="but:0:3" dst="/event/a" />
<MAP src="but:0:0" dst="/event/b" />
<MAP src="but:0:2" dst="/event/a" />
<MAP src="but:0:1" dst="/event/b" />
<MAP src="but:0:5" dst="/event/rshoulder" />
<MAP src="but:0:7" dst="/event/rshoulder" />
<MAP src="but:0:4" dst="/event/lshoulder" />
<MAP src="but:0:6" dst="/event/lshoulder" />
<MAP src="but:0:9" dst="/event/start" />
<MAP src="but:0:8" dst="/tempo/tap" />
</MAPPINGS>

did a mapping.xml with that and now it works!

Geneva, NY

Wiki looks pretty much the same as this one: syntax is the same, only the actual buttons are different, which makes sense since you likely have a different joypad than the one in the example. Right? Or am I missing something?

Hi everybody! I'm a new Caanoo user, I've been a mediocre at best LSDJ user, and now that I got a Caanoo I'd like to use LGPT but it seems I'm a poor idiot because I don't understand how the keys work, how to load a sample and the likes. I've searched for a guide, but there's nothing specific for the Caanoo, and I'm not even sure I have the latest version... Could you please help me? I'd be very grateful!

Geneva, NY

http://wiki.littlegptracker.com

There's only one Caanoo version so you have the latest version. And all the functions work the same for all platforms (except like MIDI and render).

San Francisco

dude there is video tuts right on the site.
http://littlegptracker.com/docs.php

Last edited by wedanced (Oct 4, 2011 8:45 pm)

Geneva, NY
wedanced wrote:

dude there is video tuts right on the site.
http://littlegptracker.com/docs.php

Funky tuts, might I add.

San Francisco

Funky chunky munky clunky

dey makes it all easy peeesssaaay

Which platform do you guys prefer?
Back when I was a frequent LGPT user I thought the PSP had the best sound output and a nice screen. Quite bad battery time though?

I've heard of people using the Dingoo - but it had some audio issues, no? Seems like a cheap and small option.
Never heard of anyone using the Canoo (or even owning one for that matter) - why get that one over a PSP?

Kind of aching to get back into LGPT on some real handheld.

Venezuela
_-_- wrote:

Never heard of anyone using the Canoo (or even owning one for that matter)

Nice nickname! :DDD
i actually own a Caanoo and use it mainly for Piggy. About preffering or not a console, i think is just depend on what your looking on them.

I decide to get a Caanoo, because this 3 apps, Piggy, Grafx2 and Superpikix. And also because the console is open source. So probably ppl will make other neat apps for the caanoo. I havent tried PSP version much, but as far as i know is pretty solid-good.

---

Also, my piggy crashed today in my caanoo! sad. And i found that when you press EXIT, the caanoo/piggy, it get stuck in a crashed screen. Looks like it dont boot/jump to menu in the right way. If anyone know how to fix that plz tell me big_smile

And... anyone have the Key mapping of the Caanoo?