Philly, PA, USA

no one seems to have mentioned this over here.
from 8bc https://8bc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=382416#p382416

oliver wrote:

Nanoloop 1.5 has been discontinued but will soon be replaced with a newly designed cart. Just like 2.x, the new cart can be software-updated via the usb-adaptor (http://www.nanoloop.com/usb). Since there is a little more ROM space available on the new cart, some functions may be added to version 1.6, such as 1.3's hardsync ("wave retrigger") and some 2.x functions (variable pattern length). No extra voice anymore though.
In combination with the USB-adaptor, the cart acts as a small flash cart that can hold two (or maybe three) additional 32k ROMs, such as nanovoice, Shitwave or Pushpin. It comes without SRAM and uses a custom, nonstandard MBC. Therefore, extra ROMs may not exceed 32k in size and can not save data unless they're modified to deal with nanoloop's MBC and flash memory.

The new design reduces manufacturing costs and uses only two ICs. The cart therefore will be significantly cheaper than 1.5, probably about 40-50 usd. The USB-adaptor will be available soon for less than 10 usd. There will also be a MIDI-version that allows to USB-MIDI-sync nanoloop.

I certainly have not stopped caring about the 1.x line, I was just so busy with family and the iPhone / Android versions for the last three years. Now I finally have the time to care about 1.x again and also resume an other lo-fi hardware project I had started years ago.

credit to an0va for the link/find

hype

East Kilbride, Scotland

http://www.nanoloop.com/gameboy/index.html

Information

Nanoloop 1.6 is a music software for the original Game Boy models. It comes on a custom cartridge, designed specifically for the needs of nanoloop, with robust and secure flash memory for data storage (no battery on the cart). Software updates and data backup can be done with the nanoloop USB-adaptor. A MIDI-sync adaptor will soon be available, too.

The nanoloop 1 cart and software version 1.6 are currently under development.

Nanoloop 1.5

Nanoloop 1.5 is the predecessor of ver. 1.6 and is no longer available. It has been discontinued because some ICs are out of production and no alternatives exist.

As a 1.5 user, I'm really excited for this! It's weird, just yesterday I was wondering if Oliver is working on a 1.6, then I see this pop up. O.o

It will be neat to be able to get nanovoice on there too! I'm also loving the new  price, haha!

Last edited by someonesomewhere (Aug 31, 2011 2:08 am)

Milwaukee, WI
oliver wrote:

No extra voice anymore though.

The only bad bit of news. sad  Overall though, I'm really excited.  The price is great too!  I'm buying one for sure. heart

oliver wrote:

resume an other lo-fi hardware project I had started years ago.

Enticing!!!

Turku, FIN

awesome! Would be cool the get midi sync for the nanovoice too

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppppppppppppppppssssssssssssssssssss

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
an0va wrote:

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppppppppppppppppssssssssssssssssssss

yeah yeah yeah yeah.  i liked every part of this thread

Less than 10 days until scheduled release, yay!

Sydney, NSW

The new pricing is perfect!
For an NL cart with flash storage, ~$50 is a great price range. to huge-ass $80-odd tag scared me.

I got my EMS cart for about forty, but an extra ten bucks for essentially a flash cart with a working copy of NL is great.

Too bad I don't have money sad

Palmdale, CA

I want them all xD

Sydney, NSW

Just outta curiosity, LSDJ wont work due to NL using up the SRAM?

Los Angeles, CA

Lower price and USB? Fuck. I might be getting me a nanoloop cart.

Czech republic
Wizwars wrote:

Lower price and USB? Fuck. I might be getting me a nanoloop cart.

exactly.

Philly, PA, USA
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Just outta curiosity, LSDJ wont work due to NL using up the SRAM?

There is no SRAM, basically unless it's a modded rom that would work with the different saving/memory layout or whatever it would work, but you couldn't save anything ever.

Clearwater, Florida

XD yes nanovoice with nanoloop this will be really cool! my gameboy will have a sequencer finally

Last edited by DJ Hollow Life (Oct 10, 2011 5:23 pm)