Saskrotch wrote:

sorry, i thought that was from someone trying to learn trackers and not the main dude in this thread building trackers haha.

it should be useful to SOMEONE though.

Thanks for the input.

i have two byte in my Fx so you can you sign numbers so $fd is -3 $f8 is -8 and so on, but it always start with a zero, so you only have 2 step. (0: byte0, byte1) a 0,3,7 would look something like this 50307 or one with sign would look something like (0,5,-3) 505fd.

but if i drop the sign nummer then i can have a 5 steep Arpeggio list instead of, i don't know what will be best.

the Score Arpeggio in the player overwrite the Instrument arpeggio list, but you have to set up the Instrument arpeggio in oder to make the score arpeggio work.

Russia, Moscow

Ym2149_tracker_22-09-2011.rar

Pattern editor blinks constantly, like it redraws all the time - very unpleasant for eyes
Interface is a bit screwed, pattern cursor is misplaced - probably because the program does not count DPI settings in Windows (125% here)
No reaction on keyboard presses, just shows key code in the window header
No sound in editor mode when Play is active (timer counts time), sound is present only in player mode.

Last edited by Shiru (Sep 25, 2011 9:04 am)

Hi Shiru
thanks for the input

Shiru wrote:

Pattern editor blinks constantly, like it redraws all the time - very unpleasant for eyes.

right now it redraws all the time it will  be fix later on

Shiru wrote:

Interface is a bit screwed, pattern cursor is misplaced - probably because the program does not count DPI settings in Windows (125% here)

i haven try that.
I will look in to that.

Shiru wrote:

No reaction on keyboard presses, just shows key code in the window header

where was the courser, right now it does not work probably, if the courser is in the instrument of FX place. it should be turn total off in those place, but right no sometime there is sound.

Shiru wrote:

No sound in editor mode when Play is active (timer counts time), sound is present only in player mode.

no only if follow score is on, but it is something i can put in it.

but again, thanks you very much for pointe out those error.
I hope there was something that you like with the program smile)

Best Regards
Peter.

edit 25-09-2011 12.35

Btw did you remember to load some sounds or a sound bank.
if you load a score, then you also have to load a sound bank.
the first time you have to load it manual, afterward it will remember the path, and ask if it shall load a sound bank with same name.

Last edited by fedepede04 (Sep 25, 2011 4:16 pm)

Hi Shiru.

-Interface is a bit screwed, pattern cursor is misplaced - probably because the program does not count DPI -settings in Windows (125% here)

I find it difficult to recreate the same results as you, If I set dpi to 120 or make the text size large, cursor is still sitting in the right place, but some graphics is gone at the bottom. if it not the same that happening to you, could you pleas uploaded a picture so i can se the problem.

-No reaction on keyboard presses, just shows key code in the window header

after i have talk to some of my betas tester none of us had experienced it, so right now i have come to this conclusion, maybe there was no sound loaded, the courser was in the wrong place, or maybe you have two sound card and it have chosen the wrong one. could i get you to start the program and press f9 and load a sound, and try again. I would appreciate it very much.

Best Regards
Peter.

Russia, Moscow

First time I have loaded score but no instruments - no sound. Now I loaded an instrument too, there is sound in the editor.

With loaded instrument there are sounds when I press keys on the keyboard. No matter if an instrument is loaded or not, I can't enter anything in the pattern editor, only cursor and navigation keys works.

Nomad's Land

@shiru: you forgot to activate "Score Edit" wink

Shiru wrote:

First time I have loaded score but no instruments - no sound. Now I loaded an instrument too, there is sound in the editor.

With loaded instrument there are sounds when I press keys on the keyboard. No matter if an instrument is loaded or not, I can't enter anything in the pattern editor, only cursor and navigation keys works.

Thanks for the pictures.
it is looking worse then i have expected, is more or less the whole interface that have to be remake, i don't think it is right now that i will do that.
maybe later on i could change the Gfx interface to some bitmap Gfx.

i think you have Score edit off, use backspace or the button in the score edit panel.

Thanks again.

Best Regards.
Peter

Russia, Moscow

Don't you think using Backspace for Edit mode is very counter-intuitive? It is on Space key in most of existing trackers.

Shiru wrote:

Don't you think using Backspace for Edit mode is very counter-intuitive? It is on Space key in most of existing trackers.

I guess it depends on what you are used to, all the tracker, I made and those my friend did, was it always backspace.
in my tracker you have note release on space bar. i think that more logic.
I have try to center all the edit key around the arrow, and the keys about, so then you get use to them, it should be very fast to edit a score.
but again it is what you is use to.

Best Regards
Peter

Hi All.
i just uploaded a new Beta
The Link is in the first post.
/peter

known bug. if Dpi is set to other then 96dpi. the screen get corrupted.

----- Bug Fix ----
    keyboard input            : fix it sometime play sound on, when cursor was a the wrong place    
    Channal off            : Fix bug the score was not playning, it now play sound in off channal
    Score Arpeggio        : Fix Score Arpeggio   
    Env-Amp Slider        : Fix frosen slider.
    Play mark            : Fix play mark
    spelling errors
    Env-Amp Slider        : Fix frosen slider.
    note Decoding            : Fix C-0 so it play   
    graphic interface         : correct various errors in the graphical interface
    Screen flickering        : Most of the Screen flickering is remove
    change instrument type    : Fix update the instrument name window, then change instrument type
    Change Instrument        : Fix Updating instrument scroll bar then using ctrl+Arrow
    Block End            : fix Block End when using the consult
    Main Score Window    : Fix then clicking in Score Follow mode did not fix it properly 03.09.2011
    Stop Note            : Stop The sound immediately : Key -
    Score Arpeggio        : Look In the Readme File for Details
    Noise Bend             : Fix If noise bend was on in one channel did influenced the other 2 channels.
    Stop score             : Fix then stop score then sound did not stopped immediately
    Main Player            : Fix a random noise due to how the 2 efx routines act to gether
    loading Instrumen        : Fix clear massagebox then loading a instrument on a clear space,
                              if the instrument after contain Data.

----- New functions -----
    Score Layout             : Add New Score layout
    German Keyboard         : Add Support for German Keyboard - go to options in tracker and select German Keyboard
    Envlope Multiplier        : Add Envlope multiplier to the program.
    graphic interface         : The graphic interface got an big overhaul, Vibrato, Arpeggio interface is complete rewriten        
    Hide / Show Taskbar    : Turn Trackbar On / Off. Button in the menu bar.

----- Change in program -----
    Fx's Change        : FX nr. change from fx 1 to 'T'
                    : FX Nr. change from fx 2 to 'V'
                    : FX Nr. change from fx 3 to 'D'
                    : FX Nr. change from fx 2 to 'U'
                    : FX Nr. change from fx 2 to 'A'   
    Score Length        : Change Score Length to max 40960 lines
    Bar Size                 : if pressing ctrl while changing Bar size using the consult add/sub 10 to value
    key jump            : if pressing ctrl while changing key jump using the consult add/sub 10 to value
    Key Jump         : Key Jump can be set to 32 in lengt
    Row Highlights    : Row Highlights is now user-definable
    Bar Size             : Bar size can be set to 128 in length

Hi All.

this will probably be the last beta I upload here. Due to lack of feedback.
I do not want to spend more  time, if nobody bothers to use it.

I'll try to find another place, where perhaps more interested.

I will still keep coming here.
because of the many exciting things that is happing here.

Good Sunday to you all
Best Regards
Peter

----- Bug Fix ----
    Gui Error                    : Fix some small Gui Errors
    Clear All                    : Fix updating sliders then using clear all
    Envlope                    : Fix Sustain hold button show the right up/down status

----- New functions -----
    Keyboard Input            : Add polyphonic key downs. more that two can cause an Key block. due to                               hardware limitations
    Fx Fine Tune                : Add FX Fine tune

----- Change in program -----
    Wave Synth                : Change the Synth Wave out Routine to a 21 years old routine
    Score Time                 : Score Time is now printed correct

post this on 8bc and sega-16 to get more feedback smile

im-pulze wrote:

post this on 8bc and sega-16 to get more feedback smile

thanks i will try that.
/peter

remove some bugs in Fullscreen mode
and remove a bug in load instrument bank.

i just uploaded a new Beta and uploade two tutorials to youtube.