Beverly Hills Michigan

This thing took a while, the screen had about 15 lines of dead pxels so it took about an hour alone to fix that, not ti mention it was horribly beat up.  I put in an inverted tri smd led backlight from kitsh-bent, neon green buttons from kitsch bent, and I installed a pro sound mod.

http://youtu.be/2JMFQqzA4LY

Last edited by asneakyfatcat (Dec 4, 2011 1:46 am)

BK

looks really nice, well done!

Good job! I like the color scheme.

If you can track down one of those old green third party screen covers, they match the buttons really well. Here's and older one I did:

uk

That's cool man, like how it looks. Did you paint it yourself, if so, what did you use? smile

Beverly Hills Michigan
platforma wrote:

That's cool man, like how it looks. Did you paint it yourself, if so, what did you use? smile

Yup, I used Gloss Black Dupli-Color Premium Enamel and clear coat, gives it a really nice finish, I used the same paint for my computer, only problem is that it takes a couple of days to fully cure.

Beverly Hills Michigan
Kris k wrote:

looks really nice, well done!

Thanks

Apeshit wrote:

if you can track down one of those old green third party screen covers, they match the buttons really well.

Do you know who made them or what they were called? I would really like to get my hands on one

asneakyfatcat wrote:

Do you know who made them or what they were called? I would really like to get my hands on one

I don't know much information about them unfortunately enough. I found a guy that had a bunch stored and bought them off him at a hefty price, but they're mostly all gone now.

They didn't appear to come in any sort of real packaging, and I haven't been able to figure out the manufacturer.

Beverly Hills Michigan
Apeshit wrote:

Good job! I like the color scheme.

If you can track down one of those old green third party screen covers, they match the buttons really well. Here's and older one I did:

Also, for your labels did you buy the stickers pre-made or did you just print them off? (or are they painted on?)

Milwaukee Area, WI

Digging the black. I'll have to track the paint you mentioned above for my next mod. I'm planning on doing the same thing, but with a red backlight and red translucent buttons, although I might paint the inside of the buttons black to make it pop more.

asneakyfatcat wrote:

Also, for your labels did you buy the stickers pre-made or did you just print them off? (or are they painted on?)

They're DIY decals. I actually have some made that I don't plan on using if you'd like some.

Beverly Hills Michigan
Apeshit wrote:
asneakyfatcat wrote:

They're DIY decals. I actually have some made that I don't plan on using if you'd like some.

sure, pm me about them

Beverly Hills Michigan
Moriokun wrote:

Digging the black. I'll have to track the paint you mentioned above for my next mod. I'm planning on doing the same thing, but with a red backlight and red translucent buttons, although I might paint the inside of the buttons black to make it pop more.

Have you ever seen the clear cases that people paint from the inside? They look sick!

I did that to my rhythm gameboy! It's a clear case painted white from the inside. I gotta do another coat and fix the screen though tongue

Beverly Hills Michigan
Frostbyte wrote:

I did that to my rhythm gameboy! It's a clear case painted white from the inside. I gotta do another coat and fix the screen though tongue

Post pictures when you finish it!

Sure! My lead gameboy is awesome as well...it's a remake of Thretris' super mod or whatever...the blue one

Milwaukee Area, WI
asneakyfatcat wrote:
Moriokun wrote:

Have you ever seen the clear cases that people paint from the inside? They look sick!

yeah I have, they're just a pain to track down.