i think he gave up on this?

IL, US

I'd think so as well, since I never heard anything

austin, tx not Detroit no mo

I love an excuse to ride teh megabus.

IL, US

Then come over and play some video games, been a long time since I saw you, man

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

i really wanted an excuse to party too, maybe later this month or after next semester ill try to get a venue.(it would be here in michigan though)

Milwaukee Area, WI
DJCactus wrote:

i really wanted an excuse to party too, maybe later this month or after next semester ill try to get a venue.(it would be here in michigan though)

I'd be up for that. Be best if we did it on a weekend, saturday would be best. Start a new thread if your serious about putting a show together!

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
Moriokun wrote:
DJCactus wrote:

I'd be up for that. Be best if we did it on a weekend, saturday would be best. Start a new thread if your serious about putting a show together!

Listen i have alot of obligations, i work full time and school full time, when the semester ends, i can look around ive played a few places out here and i think there are even better places to play, i think its possible but i wont promise anything until as youve already said i start another thread.

Milwaukee, WI

If everyone who commented actually played, it'd be a heck of a show...

Chicago, IL

I would for sure 100% be able to whip up a performance!

Detroit, Michigan

i would drive down and play if possible. midwest needs more chip shows.

Milwaukee Area, WI

You know what, let's do it. We should all just put on a show in Chicago. We gotta step up.

1. We need to talk about venues, I'm not familiar with venues in Chicago.  Post below If you know of any good venues.

2. We need to discuss a range of dates. that we can use to nail down a venue.

3. Names for the show

----------

I know of one venue that I went to for http://gli.tc/h/. It was at a place called Enemy. It was decent venue and cetainly could hold a chiptune show, but it wasn't a professional venue to say the least.

A February show on a saturday is my vote.

Name: "Chip Central"

Chicago, IL

It's not exactly Chicago, but The House Cafe in Dekalb would be a perfect venue. It's not to big and they somewhat know what they're doing. It would be super easy to book a show there.

Milwaukee Area, WI
squidula wrote:

It's not exactly Chicago, but The House Cafe in Dekalb would be a perfect venue. It's not to big and they somewhat know what they're doing. It would be super easy to book a show there.

I took a look on Google Maps and the town is a ways outside of Chicago. I worry about not drawing a large enough crowd. I will defiantly keep the venue in mind.

Chicago IL

i played at the house cafe once with doormouse. it wasn't packed at all.

Milwaukee Area, WI
Saskrotch wrote:

i played at the house cafe once with doormouse. it wasn't packed at all.

How was it for a chiptune shows though? You know of any places in the city?

A freind recommended Subterranean but I think that place is a little big for us. We would have to bring a big name act to fill the place up to cover the cost and by "Big Name" I mean, someone like Anamanaguchi.

IL, US

im going to have to say that nowhere in chicago really draws for chip gigs (or most types of electronic music, for that matter)...not saying it cant happen, but id say its unrealistic to expect more than 20 or so attendees for a chip gig in chicago... think the most ive seen was around 50 at an all-chip gig... think more people were at the night of gli.tc/h that minusbaby & nullsleep played, but that was roughly half gig, half loft party and they werent charging at the door

edit: also, why do gigs need names?