Costa mesa

I have just recently found out about lsdj about three or four months ago and just got my lsdj cartridge loaded with the newest version that has come out just got it today so im gunna make some music all day wen im not working i was just wondering what you guys think is the best version to use, i would love to hear ypur guys feed back please and thank

WYLDMAN o¥o

Gosford, Australia

Always the newest stable version, imo.

Matthew Joseph Payne

I always keep the newest stable version on my performance carts, and a the latest build on at least one cart that I use to program and experiment. Unless you're using the MIDIOUT feature or playing back really old, very complicated songs that were made to be played on an old version, there's no reason to use anything older.

uhajdafdfdfa

best version of lsdj, best version of lsdj, best version of lsdj, best version of lsdj

Philly, PA, USA

the only reason anyone uses older versions of LSDJ is if they made songs in that version. just use the newest version, this thread is dumb.

Lexington, KY

It wouldn't be a bad idea to check the lsdj site for new versions from time to time, too. Johan does a good job of adding tweaks and small amounts of additional functionality each version.

USA

I made a bunch of graphics/font patches for LDSJ version 4_5_1.

And I can also make patches for other versions as well.

If you would like me to make you a custom LSDJ graphics/font patch please don't hesitate to ask.

(http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4916/ … atch-more/,

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4249/custom-graphics/,

http://www.mediafire.com/surfacedragon)

Chicago IL

damn man, use a fuckin period. that was a run-on PARAGRAPH.

London, Ontario

wyld chyppions

Sydney, NSW

use the one that supports the NI Massive plugin for huge dubstep wobblez m8

Venezuela

the VETSION 1.3.3.7. is the best!

BOSTON

I was kind of hoping to read some opinions on people's version preferences and the reasoning behind the choice ;/

personally, I use 3.9.9 generally because I like the noise channel format better than the 4+, and I have one cart with 3.7.9 for some older songs because for some reason certain wav instrument sounds different in later versions. not huge differences though

Tokyo, Japan

Yeah, With LSDJ the newest build is usually fine, I can't think of any examples where older versions have useful functionality which isn't present in the current version. Also Johan usually fixes any bugs in new versions very very quickly.

Nanoloop is a totally different matter though, different versions can have really unique features.

Abandoned on Fire

Wav channel sample playback has been improved pretty dramatically in the last few versions (at least for non-DMG models).

Ciudad de méxico, MX
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

personally, I use 3.9.9 generally because I like the noise channel format better than the 4+

+1