rochester, ny
noisewaves wrote:

the revengineers album is the most anticipated release in all of chipmusic history.

therefore it needs no promotion, for the masses will know when its time, and when the time comes, music will never be the same again.

Can you write all our press releases?

Chicago IL

i have an anecdote about cd promotion.

i have it written down at home somewhere.

TSSBAY01

just release 2cd's, i think its way more rewarding...somethin about putting out 2cd albums screams 'DONT FUCKIN SLEEP', if you put out a 2cd and then follow it up with a 2cd, labels start thinking you are some sort of ed dmx or jimi tenor, which is WHAT YOU WANT

Liverpool, UK

Make a Pro Wrestling-style 'promo' threatening the viewer that they're in for a world of pain if they don't buy it.

Clearwater, Florida

That is an awesome way to do it calmdowkidder lol

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
tempsoundsolutions wrote:

just release 2cd's, i think its way more rewarding...somethin about putting out 2cd albums screams 'DONT FUCKIN SLEEP', if you put out a 2cd and then follow it up with a 2cd, labels start thinking you are some sort of ed dmx or jimi tenor, which is WHAT YOU WANT

Without getting too far off topic, as far as record companies are concerned i dont think they want you to make a double album anymore.  There is too much money being lost on music as it is, they might as well see what they can get out of two releases at that point.  Disclaimer, people still produce the double cd yes, and i have a few double lp's i love myself but i digress if its a themed album it tends to make a little bit more sense (obviously) to have a double, tons of tracks packed onto a 2 disc set with no theme isnt crazy but its got a wicked case of "too many eggs in one basket" syndrome

ant1 wrote:

tell your irc-friends about it, mention it once on each forum, watch it fade into obscurity, write a new album

Rochester, NY
soultron wrote:

The tricky thing about reddit is where you put it. There is a chiptune section, but many others too. Some places work better than others, but it's not an exact science.

/r/chiptunes on reddit is a real clusterfuck IMO, where people post their favorite songs or their own new song, but everything is ignored.  No upvotes, no downvotes, no comments etc.

I'll upvote you on reddit but you aren't going to get much attention from there.  I'd still post it but it seems the majority of them don't like "LISTEN TO MY MUSIC" posts, nor do they listen to new music they've never heard of.  And based on the responses in the "pure/unpure chiptune" sound threads they've had since I've been lurking (ugh), they don't really like the "full band" sound Revengineers got.

Last edited by ChipsChallengeBand (Jan 14, 2012 3:09 am)

buffalo, NY
calmdownkidder wrote:

Make a Pro Wrestling-style 'promo' threatening the viewer that they're in for a world of pain if they don't buy it.

lol I love it

TSSBAY01

start doing soundtracks from commercials for board games.

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

cross fire... Cross fire!...  CROSS FIRE!

post anywhere but chipmusic forums/news sites/channels

Rochester, NY
DJCactus wrote:

cross fire... Cross fire!...  CROSS FIRE!

hey it's cool that the first thing I thought of was this right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

Philly, PA, USA

Then you ask people "U WANT 2 CDS?"

"U WANT 2 C DEEZ NUTS?"

Brunswick, GA USA

Brunswick, GA USA
DJCactus wrote:

Without getting too far off topic, as far as record companies are concerned i dont think they want you to make a double album anymore...

I think the objective here is to seem to take yourself so seriously that people have no choice but to listen to you at least once, and I suppose that can work, at least once.

I think it's important that if you're trying to sell things (big if,) you should offer things in many pricepoints, so 2CDs (or more) can be in the mid-to-high point...