rochester, ny

lots of rad ideas in this thread. we're gonna release it digitally tomorrow so we'll see how these suggestions work out!

Last edited by nickmaynard (Jan 14, 2012 9:51 pm)

San Francisco

i got shit faced and up loaded it to the internet. thats about it.

nickmaynard wrote:

lots of rad ideas in this thread. we're gonna release it digitally tomorrow so we'll see how these suggestions work out!

IMO don't release it quick! Use a little bit of time to hype it up a bit. Or IF you must release it within a day, build interest by announcing that you'll release it at "____ o'clock tonight" and post about it a bit via social networking for a little. Definitely couldn't hurt versus just doing, "btw, we released our album just now!" #psychology

But because I just saw you post this, I AM HYPED! smile

Last edited by an0va (Jan 15, 2012 6:03 am)

rochester, ny
an0va wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

IMO don't release it quick! Use a little bit of time to hype it up a bit. Or IF you must release it within a day, build interest by announcing that you'll release it at "____ o'clock tonight" and post about it a bit via social networking for a little. Definitely couldn't hurt versus just doing, "btw, we released our album just now!" #psychology

I feel like that technique probably works better when people know who your band is already. Hard to build hype for a first release. But I think you make a great point. If this past two months wasn't so insane for us, it would have been rad to do some more promotional stuff for it.

Right now I'm panicking that I've forgotten to list someone in the liner notes!    \(>o<)/

Milwaukee Area, WI

My preferable method of hype is:
Announce a date in September, miss it.
Say you'll aim for a Halloween release, miss that.
Promise to have it out before Skyrim comes out, miss that deadline.
Make lose promises to friends that it will be out by xmas, miss that due to much drinking.
Buy a copy of Ableton with your xmas money and start making and releasing DJ Mixtapes of other people songs.
Then say "Oh shit, I have my own music to put out" and start recording.
Make promises for with in a month.

In my defense, the album gets better since I end up writing better songs.

Last edited by Moriokun (Jan 15, 2012 6:45 am)

nickmaynard wrote:
an0va wrote:

I feel like that technique probably works better when people know who your band is already. Hard to build hype for a first release. But I think you make a great point. If this past two months wasn't so insane for us, it would have been rad to do some more promotional stuff for it.

Right now I'm panicking that I've forgotten to list someone in the liner notes!    \(>o<)/

True. I think people will dig this release a lot either way! Can't wait to hear it! smile))

buffalo, NY

WHERE IS THIS EP???

sweden

http://revengineers.bandcamp.com/

lolusa
wedanced wrote:

i got shit faced and up loaded it to the internet. thats about it.

thats all I did for this one http://ovenrake.bandcamp.com/album/for- … -gravy-man
>consider this link as a "what not to do" outline for a release.