Fargo
pixls wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

RE: upgrading, im waiting too, the last update ROM is dated May, so i am not so sure its solid yet either...rather have two fully functional 2.3s than 2 buggy 2.5s smile

I haven't had any issues with my upgraded 2.3, I think the only issues with 2.5 were with the new carts acting up.

This is correct.  On another thread Oliver himself wrote this:

oliver wrote:

Hello

I'm sorry for all the inconvenience.

The issues that appeared with some 2.5 carts (sporadically missing sounds, sometimes nanoloop won't start) are due to a timing problem: In version 2.2, I had set the memory access times (wait sates) to a very low value in order to speed up processing. For 2.3, this setting was not necessary anymore, but it didn't hurt either, so the code remained there. The new chip used in 2.5 appears to be lesss tolerant to such tight timing so that some units occasionally fail.  This can be fixed with a software update that sets the timing parameters back to standard values.

I will send out USB-adaptors to everyone as soon as they're ready (which, according to the factory, should be next week).

Oliver

IL, US

still going to wait until after this gig, better safe than sorry smile

Tokyo, Japan

Has anyone actually got this to work yet? I have the USB device here, and am tryign to back up to my PC, but I'm not having much luck...

Tokyo, Japan

Scrap that last post. I figured it out. Works like a charm!