hardcore, Australia

I'm always undecided whether to let it turn into a beard or not.

Also on topic, my only problems with the Sammich are the name, and the output. a mono output option would've been nice.

York, Yorkshire

Mono?  You soldered the thing together! Change it to mono tongue

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
godinpants wrote:

I'm always undecided whether to let it turn into a beard or not.

Also on topic, my only problems with the Sammich are the name, and the output. a mono output option would've been nice.

You can make a mono output pretty easily.. simply use resistors to create a passive mixer.

York, Yorkshire

There'll be a way to do this automatically too I'm sure : both my Virus and RM1X bounce to mono when only the left jack is plugged in cool

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
BitPop wrote:

There'll be a way to do this automatically too I'm sure : both my Virus and RM1X bounce to mono when only the left jack is plugged in cool

yeah. it's called a normalled jack  smile I do this feature on the NESmod PCB.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Dredging this thread up because I'm so excited to have mine together and working. Took me about a week because I could only get down to the shop while the baby was napping - which he amazingly has stopped doing during the day. Only one SID in it right now, but getting another from Christoff of Awkward Terrible when they get here on the 15th for the shows we're playing together...

Yeah, all default appearance, but I think the white and green is sexy.
Until I get started sequencing more consoles in TGS, I'll probably use this with my keytar for awhile. smile

WOW MAN!

Does anyone have the (Ponoko) vector art for the enclosure? I'm almost done building mine and have gotten quite addicted to Ponoko (or RazorLab as it's known here in the UK) so I fancy a custom enclosure for mine.

hardcore, Australia

Wilba is a member here now so you could always try pm him.
http://chipmusic.org/wilba

Last edited by godinpants (Jan 26, 2012 11:50 am)

Melbourne, AU

Yeah, try that. People have asked him for the files before and he just emails them along with a long-winded explanation about laser kerf. Lazy bastard should just put the files on the wiki and save everyone a lot of time and hassle.

WOW MAN!

Ha ha big_smile

I didn't know he was a member!

Expect an email forthwith!

Oh and I just finished the build - works perfectly! big_smile

Absolutely flawless building guide and kit - cheers Wlba smile

Tokyo, Japan

i heart My Sammich twins!

Los Angeles

I have mine now too, I love the simplicity over my old and now gone (sadness) midibox sid. Just need to make a nice editor via m4l/max ... stupid java app isn't wanting to edit patches rawr!

Melbourne, AU

Kudos overload! Thanks!

I look forward to seeing you guys at Blip!

I really need to try and build my one of these one day. I'm worried that I'll mess up the soldering (I can solder but whenever I've tried to do DIY kits or the like i've fucked up somehow) but it seems really good.