Louisiana

Wow nice one, coming across the one crazy guy with deep pockets xD

The other thing about 1/4 inch jacks is you can find 10-15 foot long guitar cords at any music shop for about $10 as a 1/8th to 1/8th run about $10 for a 5 footer from walmart or radioshack. Also its the most commonly found hook up found at studio or places you would play a gig. Yes you can also buy a 1/8th-1/4 inch adapter jack but during live shows if you move around alot you may have an issue with it falling out easily due to the weight of the cord or lose signal in left or right due to it becoming loose or starting to slide out. My best advice would be have one 1/4 inch jack zoned for left only and one for right only. it would be a badass mod and probably give you the best durability over all and best sound quality. Down side is you would have to relocate the power regulator as Apeshit said above just for one of them and if you go the route of doing two youd more than likely have to sacrifice your speaker. Also keep in mind Kitsch is working on custom built DMG cases which by the looks of them will be a lot more kind to the cramming of two 1/4th inch jacks.

My opinion on other mods is with a pitch shift, even if you turn it all the way down, you gameboy will never be at normal speed..its always a little faster, making syncing two LSDJ carts together nearly impossible. However when it comes to a half-clock mod I consider it worth it especially if you do a lot of beats focusing on bass.

Now for the self promoting, if you are looking for a unique DMG with a backlight, 1/8th prosound and a pitch shift, which is for higher pitched songs, I have one for sale you can check out. Leave a comment or PM me if you are interested in it. I'm really needing to get rid of it because I'm going to use the money I make off it to rebuild a new one but with a half clock instead because I do stuff with more bass than high pitch melodies and I'd like to pass this beauty to more worthy hands.

Last edited by Vex (Feb 18, 2012 5:42 am)

Yuma, AZ

Thank you for the in-depth advice, Vex. I really appreciate it! I think I'm going to knock out the 1/8"s in these 2 boys, and work on 1/4"s when the Kitsch cases come out. Not sure If I have a need for clocked boys right now. BUT I know a few guys who might have an interest in that gameboy of yours. I'll let you know!

Louisiana
10spd wrote:

Thank you for the in-depth advice, Vex. I really appreciate it! I think I'm going to knock out the 1/8"s in these 2 boys, and work on 1/4"s when the Kitsch cases come out. Not sure If I have a need for clocked boys right now. BUT I know a few guys who might have an interest in that gameboy of yours. I'll let you know!

No problem man. I've only been in the chipscene for maybe 2 years starting with paint jobs but I dabble in modding from time to time and I read A LOT lol and ask questions all the time. I talk to my buddy George from modolith.com on a daily basis asking him questions and learning stuff. I talk to NeX from time to time with my more crazy ideas. Both of these guys are badass modders. So I've learned a lot. I also have learned a few things myself because I have a very I WANT SOMETHING THAT HASNT BEEN DONE BEFORE attitude. Not to mention my past with music with guitars and drums and keyboards I learned a lot about audio during that time.

And thank you for talking to some guys that might want my gameboy. Definitely appreciate that. xD