What game boy games have a simple calculator function? Does a homebrew calculator program exist?

sweden

Both exist afaik.

matt's mind

google "InfoGenius Systems - Spell Checker and Calculator"

i'd link you but i'm almost positive its against site policy to link to rom sites wink

I guess this should work. Thank you.

Louisiana

May I inquire as to why you want such a rom?

England
Vex wrote:

Why, to display "b00b1ES", of course.

Louisiana

Haha don't you mean 5318008 on a calculator upside down? I mean it's all a out the tits right?

Costa Mesa

0.1134 used to be so exciting when I was a little boy. Where did my innocence go?!

Vex wrote:

I play cards games, and i thought it would be cooler to do life on a gameboy than on my iphone.

San Angelo, TX
yesyesohgodyes wrote:
Vex wrote:

I play cards games, and i thought it would be cooler to do life on a gameboy than on my iphone.

it will more than likely become more tedious and make you go insane

Babylon, NY

I would really love a graphing calculator ROM if that exists.  It would be amazing to have that on my second bank of my EMS cart for class. haha

Brooklyn NY US

I remember seeing some sort of bizarre cartridge-based "personal assistant" software for the Game Boy several years ago at a used game shop here in New York, but I can't remember what it was called. My ham-handed Google hunting for it did, however, turn this up (which, if I'm not mistaken, is actually different from the thing I'd seen):

http://www.nesworld.com/gbx-smartcom.php

that site wrote:

SmartCom™ is an exciting new do-it-all package which transforms an ordinary Game Boy® Pocket or Color into an advanced personal organiser.

SmartCom’s features include:

• E-Mail / Pager *: Using Game Boy® Color’s Infra-Red function, you can send messages to other SmartCom™ users in the vicinity !
• Notepad: SmartCom™’s mini word-processor allows you to create and save your own notes – and you can even print them out using the Game Boy® Printer !
• Phone Book / Phone Audio Dialler – Keep a record of those important phone numbers using SmartCom™’s Phone Book feature. When you want to call a friend, simply hold by the telephone and hit a button – SmartCom™’s Phone Audio Dialler function will then dial the number for you !
• Calculator: Whether you’re working out your finances, or doing sums in class, the Calculator function will also come in useful.
• Clock / Alarm: SmartCom™’s battery back-up means that it always keeps track of the time for you, and the alarm will even sound when your Game Boy® is switched off ! If you go on holiday, simply tell SmartCom™ which country you are in, and it will change the time accordingly.
• Calendar: Don’t miss those important dates ! SmartCom’s™ calendar will mean you never forget family & friends’ birthdays or important appointments.
• TV/ VCR Remote Control *: This clever little feature lets you change channels on most modern TV sets and video recorders ! Whoever thought that one day you could use a Game Boy® to control your television ?!

The programming wizards at Datel have somehow managed to cram all this incredible technology into a normal-sized Game Boy® game cartridge. And the great news is….it’ll only cost about as much as your average game !
*Denotes a feature that only activates on Game Boy® Color

Some screenshots:

Bizarre.

Louisiana

That's pretty wicked actually but how the hell does the phone feature work? To my knowledge a gameboy pocket and colors do not have a
Mic port or built in mic so how do you talk to someone? Lol

Babylon, NY

Wow that is intense. Back when it was cool for everything to be a TV remote.

Babylon, NY
Vex wrote:

That's pretty wicked actually but how the hell does the phone feature work? To my knowledge a gameboy pocket and colors do not have a
Mic port or built in mic so how do you talk to someone? Lol

I think the idea is that it is auto-dialer and plays tones into your phone that in turn dial the number for you.

Louisiana

Gotcha still kinda cool lol.