nashville,tn

i've had trouble when uploading files from an external drive instead of directly from my computer's drive.....

Costa Mesa

While file location is hard to blame, my files are on the C: drive as well. I sent them an email but no response yet, I'll be sure to update all of you in case they say something worthwile for everyone.

Australia
egr wrote:

Send an email to customer support, they were very responsive when I asked for .sav files to allowed as bonus items.

Hang on - this is something I want to do on my gameboy release!  They were fine with SAVs?

Abandoned on Fire
cTrix wrote:
egr wrote:

Send an email to customer support, they were very responsive when I asked for .sav files to allowed as bonus items.

Hang on - this is something I want to do on my gameboy release!  They were fine with SAVs?

Yup, I just added a .sav as an extra on Optimus Chad's album.

You're welcome lol  tongue

Last edited by egr (Mar 11, 2012 10:47 pm)

Wow! That's fantastic to hear; I was still doing it with external links. I like Bandcamp all the more now. that saves me the trouble of externally linking to dropbox or something.
EDIT: Scratch that; it's not letting me run a .sav file onto my album for some reason; and the documentation lists nsf's and mod's but not .sav or .lsdsng on there. I'm glad you can do it; but it hasn't propagated out to me yet.

Last edited by Zef (Mar 12, 2012 2:51 am)

Abandoned on Fire

Weird, but you can still zip it and add it that way.

Nope, I tried that too, zipping didn't help.

File Formats wrote:

png, jpg, gif, pdf, doc, docx, txt, ppt, pptx, mp4, m4v, m4r, mov, wmv, avi, mpg, mpeg, swf, flv, torrent, cue, afm, amxd, otf, sib, ptb, mid, midi, gp5, fxp, fxb, vst, mod, it, xm, mtm, nsf and ttf.

I sent them an e-mail to see what's up.

Last edited by Zef (Mar 12, 2012 3:28 am)

Abandoned on Fire
Zef wrote:

Nope, I tried that too, zipping didn't help.

File Formats wrote:

png, jpg, gif, pdf, doc, docx, txt, ppt, pptx, mp4, m4v, m4r, mov, wmv, avi, mpg, mpeg, swf, flv, torrent, cue, afm, amxd, otf, sib, ptb, mid, midi, gp5, fxp, fxb, vst, mod, it, xm, mtm, nsf and ttf.

I sent them an e-mail to see what's up.

Ohhhh, now I remember.  When I asked about .sav what they actually did was go ahead and give me the "Any kind of bonus download" Powerup.  Go to your Tools page and click the link at the bottom.  It'll show what "bonus" permissions you've got so far.

I bet if you ask for that permission due to having file format troubles they'll give it to you as well.

Costa Mesa

That feel when you fanmail yourself instead of email customer support xl

edit:the help link referred me to attempt uploading with a direct connection so I'll try using ethernet and see how that goes.

Last edited by TrebleChild (Mar 12, 2012 6:28 pm)