Tooting, London

Completely up for this!

London, UK
Jellica wrote:

you should change matt to BLEEPSTREET REC because he looks kinda lonely on metrodub

Quite comfortable where I am, thank you. *sits in awkward silence, checks phone for messages*

New York City

What about Metrosexualbleep Rec? tongue

Liverpool, UK

So, anyone in London fancy having me stay over for the night? I can bring a sleeping bag, would just need floorspace! Drinks can be provided in exchange!

New York City

Now with added FLYER.
And Facebook event. Please JOIN!
http://www.facebook.com/events/263444433744462/

CAN WE HAVE AN OPEN MIC SO CDK CAN PLAY HIS HARDER BETTER FASTER STRONGER COVER ?

New York City
Je deviens dj en 3 jours wrote:

CAN WE HAVE AN OPEN MIC SO CDK CAN PLAY HIS HARDER BETTER FASTER STRONGER COVER ?

The street is free for busking and public executions... tongue

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 22, 2012 11:22 am)

Liverpool, UK

I've made sure to delete said cover, actually smile

Landan
gwEm wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Well I dunno how it was until now, but I'll be sure to stirr some shit up big_smile

Its really nice that you are in London smile

To explain:
I do take these 'nothing happens in London' comments quite personally, since I love deeply 8bit, and my city and so have hosted a number of gigs with great musicians here myself. Other people organise things too, and theres been several shows every year for 11 years at least. I don't know where people get the idea that nothing happens in London - it is surely one of the most active European cities.

...and now we have another *great* event coming up! Its sure to be a very busy and loud party \o/

REALLY?
Cos i've been completely missing whatever you've been organising.
How/ Where do you advertise these events?
I've actually just signed up to here to ask you this.
-EDIT: ok, so i'm looking at this forum, and theres crap loads of stuff i missed. WHY WHY WHY was this stuff not shoved in my face on facebook? D: BLAH. Please advertise MOAR AND HARDER. I would have been shaking my ass at so many events if i'd known... /edit

Last chip thing happened round here worth going to that i found out about was Sabrepulse playing in Camden. Which was boss.
I was the nutter dancing at the front.

To whoever organised this:
~PLEASE~ give me(+the rest of london) more advance notice of chip gigs in future. I am now scrambling to book train tickets back to London so i can be there >.<  LOVE YOU THOUGH! SO SO SO SO SO MUCH! Just need to find someone to go with D';

Last edited by tinymeows (Mar 22, 2012 1:10 pm)

Godzilladelph
akira^8GB wrote:

OK next party we'll fly to East Brooklyn, New York, to make it really dangerous tongue
(I wish!)

You should go on tour with this lineup, and just hit all the sketchy neighborhoods in the cities you go to.

Actually, please don't. I like you guys better alive tongue

Last edited by SKGB (Mar 22, 2012 1:27 pm)

New York City
tinymeows wrote:

WHY WHY WHY was this stuff not shoved in my face on facebook? D: BLAH. Please advertise MOAR AND HARDER. I would have been shaking my ass at so many events if i'd known... /edit

The world doesn't revolve around Facebook.
Events are usually posted in Resident Advisor and other similar websites that host events.
Forums like this get the news.
There's flyers and posters spread around the city usually when events like this happen.
Artists spread the news about their gigs on their Facebooks,Twitters, Myspaces, Websites and whatnot.

This event has been promoted in all these ways and has been organized real fast. It is indeed KIND OF short notice but not THAT short, there's still TWO more full weeks (and one day) ahead of us before it happens.

So all the 'problems' you seem to have appear to be only of your fabrication.

Now, to come here and talk to a scene stalwart like gwEm questioning his promotion methods in the tone you did is downright cheeky, sorry. You shouldn't have done that.

SKGB wrote:

You should go on tour with this lineup, and just hit all the sketchy neighborhoods in the cities you go to.

I've got the balls to do that one son big_smile

Landan
akira^8GB wrote:

The world doesn't revolve around Facebook.
Events are usually posted in Resident Advisor and other similar websites that host events.
Forums like this get the news.
There's flyers and posters spread around the city usually when events like this happen.
Artists spread the news about their gigs on their Facebooks,Twitters, Myspaces, Websites and whatnot.

This event has been promoted in all these ways and has been organized real fast. It is indeed KIND OF short notice but not THAT short, there's still TWO more full weeks (and one day) ahead of us before it happens.

So all the 'problems' you seem to have appear to be only of your fabrication.

Now, to come here and talk to a scene stalwart like gwEm questioning his promotion methods in the tone you did is downright cheeky, sorry. You shouldn't have done that.

You are totally right. Apologies, plz don't hate me, did not mean to sound like a biiiiatch, tone of typing fail.
I am genuinely distressed that i missed 8 bit vomit and "A Music Club" D';

I live in SE London, and travel up north every few weeks for shows because those guys promote their stuff so damn well! It's always right in my face! Splattered all over the internet. Can't miss it. Even when they wondered down here a few weeks back .So promoted! So organised! Not just promoted by the artists, but by a central body, so you don't need to be subscribed to the specific artists.

gwEm is not the problem and i'm sorry if i implied that he was. He's clearly a lovely, dedicated guy. I do actually want to know where he promotes stuff tongue
I'm an average person who wants to go to shows. I need to know about the BEST PLACE to hear about... London... STUFF! Please! big_smile
I'm all over some chip FB's/Twitters. (How i saw this)

The fact that Analog Attack is happening is killing me with excitement. Though i'm confused that it's free. Wonderfully confused.
OMGZOMGZ Homesweet will play something from 5d RIGHHHTT? SO COOL >.<

Again apologies.
Hope to see you in 2 weeksish *explodes*
+++ WIll the order of play be as listed on the flyer, (Matt first JDDE3J headlining?)?
I can't stay till 2 hmm WISH I COULD. stupid busy life. *stress*

Last edited by tinymeows (Mar 22, 2012 6:11 pm)

Brooklyn NY US

Just a quick note on the subject -- promotion takes much, much, much, much, much, much more effort than you would think. Even strictly talking about online promotion -- for all of the ways the internet helps you (relatively easy to get word out, social networks help things to spread), it can also work against you (the internet is hueg liek xbox and it is very easy for your own publicity efforts to get buried or lost among all the other noise and clamor). Chipmusic gigs tend to be extremely D.I.Y. and as a function of that, for any given gig you're generally talking about an organizational team of a size somewhere in the range of 1 person, so there is no "central body" to exclusively manage promotion & publicity. The downside of all of this: event organizers probably don't always reach all people who might be interested in these kinds of gigs. The upside: welcome to the underground, the underground is fucking cool.

New York City
tinymeows wrote:

I live in SE London, and travel up north every few weeks for shows because those guys promote their stuff so damn well! It's always right in my face! Splattered all over the internet. Can't miss it. Even when they wondered down here a few weeks back .So promoted! So organised! Not just promoted by the artists, but by a central body, so you don't need to be subscribed to the specific artists.

What guys are you talking about? I don't understand.

Also: this is an 'underground' movement and as such will not enjoy the exposure of more commercial shit I suppose.

WIll the order of play be as listed on the flyer, (Matt first JDDE3J headlining?)

I don't know the order of play yet but JDDJ3J is indeed headlining. I'll post it when I know it.

EDIT: Bit Shifter and I were typing at the same time and having exactly the same thoughts big_smile

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 22, 2012 6:30 pm)

Brooklyn NY US
akira^8GB wrote:

EDIT: Bit Shifter and I were typing at the same time and having exactly the same thoughts big_smile

Just like when we "cyber."

New York City
Bit Shifter wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Just like when we "cyber."

Now, you shouldn't be talking about our private life in public, Shiftey.