A gray world of dread

Maybe he just can't afford hardware, don't be too hard on him sad

Godzilladelph
µB wrote:

Maybe he just can't afford hardware, don't be too hard on him sad

I'm so sick of hardware fags.
some of the best fucking genres of electronic music were produced on pirated software.

A gray world of dread

I wasn't being serious, just semi-sarcastically responding to an above post that suggested that people use software only because the can't get their hands on hardware. wink

This discussion is sooo worn out. I like to use software because it's versatile and cheap. I like timbres, not machines.

Sweden

Maybe you are just cheating yourself if you are using something you are not comfortable with, but depending on what kind of sounds you intend to create, you might be losing out by not allowing LSDJ to be hard for a while more until you eventually grasp it. I don't think it's a matter of hard/easy as much as they are just different program that facilitate different approaches. As vastly different as these composition environments are, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the tool you are using is going to be a huge influence on the music you create.

Its all about artistry.

shanghai

lol @ 'hardware fags'

Sweden
Downstate wrote:

lol @ 'hardware fags'

Joliette, QC, Canada
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:
celsius wrote:

Last time I checked Disasterpeace wrote a lot of stuff in Reason.

and that guy is terrible

this brings us to another question...What is Pause Records ?!

Vellain wrote:
defiantsystems wrote:

Has anyone accused "fakebit" artists of cheating yet?

I guess "fakebit" could be considered "cheating" but I don't believe it to be so. Some people just don't have the cash or the ability to buy some of the original hardware, so the next best thing would be to emulate the sounds... They at least have some reverence for the classic sounds and may utilize them in new and unexpected ways which may help enlighten the community about the possibilities of these new and unexpected stuffs...

Funny thing is...if you are legit Reason user...you surely have paid it waaaay more than a 10$ DMG + LSDJ !

AANABAY01

i make fakebit in famitracker

shanghai

zan is lying. everyone knows you can only make realz fakebit with fruity loops

Unsubscribe

Only if you use the nanoloop presets that come with it.

Sweeeeeeden
XyNo wrote:

Funny thing is...if you are legit Reason user...you surely have paid it waaaay more than a 10$ DMG + LSDJ !

Hehe. I think there's a lot of Reason users who right now refuse to update beyond Reason 5.0, for "unspecified reasons".

nitro2k01 wrote:
XyNo wrote:

Hehe. I think there's a lot of Reason users who right now refuse to update beyond Reason 5.0, for "unspecified reasons".

HA! I still use 3.0  XD

but anyways Spotts! I advise you to try nanoloop if your comfortable with reason, or anything that runs like a beatmachine...  not saying lsdj isnt rad as fuck , because it is once you get past writing vertically.

St. Louis

What you use doesn't matter if you're purpose of writing music is making music that you or anyone else would want to listen to. If your composition sucks, no program is going to make it better... As for me, I only shred the meat-whistle.

Godzilladelph
boomlinde wrote:
Downstate wrote:

lol @ 'hardware fags'

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Pugbath wrote:

... As for me, I only shred the meat-whistle.

ow