Matthew Joseph Payne
1000needles wrote:

My band uses an FM Transmitter (the kind you'd use in your car to listen to your ipod over your car speakers) and portable radios as in-ear monitors. It's a little ghetto but works for us ;-)

That's clever! Probably works best at basement shows!

Los Angeles, The Kingdrom
kineticturtle wrote:
1000needles wrote:

My band uses an FM Transmitter (the kind you'd use in your car to listen to your ipod over your car speakers) and portable radios as in-ear monitors. It's a little ghetto but works for us ;-)

That's clever! Probably works best at basement shows!

Thanks! It works pretty well all around. I think only time we had issues with is when we played on the 2nd story of this club and a spanish radio station kept randomly cutting in and out >.<

Los Angeles, CA

I play live with LSDJ, a vocoder, my mouth, and an autoharp. I mix everything myself in a tiny little mixer, and just wear headphones out of that so I can hear everything. If you're a small enough act, I'd recommend this. I play at a lot of typically electronic venues, which don't really have monitors, so yeah. bring yer own!

Lexington, KY

Just started trying out the bass+guitar+lsdj today!

We kind of discovered we could get a great sound by using two gameboys--designating one for high frequencies and one for lows. Then, we cut the lowmid out of the bass gameboy and the highmid out of the treble gameboy. Then, we upped the low mid frequency on the bass and high mid frequency on the guitar to fill in the gaps.

For vocals, we had quite the success putting them right in the middle.
Using this set up, we were really able to create a big wall of sound made of very distinct parts.

[edit] Later this week, we're gonna try to use famitracker!!! W00t.

Last edited by Solarbear (Apr 8, 2012 6:47 am)

Armidale NSW Australia :D
Solarbear wrote:

We kind of discovered we could get a great sound by using two gameboys--designating one for high frequencies and one for lows. Then, we cut the lowmid out of the bass gameboy and the highmid out of the treble gameboy. Then, we upped the low mid frequency on the bass and high mid frequency on the guitar to fill in the gaps.

Using this set up, we were really able to create a big wall of sound made of very distinct parts.

Nintendo core?

Lexington, KY
square0ne wrote:
Solarbear wrote:

Nintendo core?

If Nintendo core implies like, hardcore metal, then no. More of a hybrid of "math" music and pop. Mathpop?

Solarbear wrote:
square0ne wrote:

Nintendo core?

If Nintendo core implies like, hardcore metal, then no. More of a hybrid of "math" music and pop. Mathpop?

hmmmmmmm

ill check out your songs. smile

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 8, 2012 6:55 am)

Lexington, KY
square0ne wrote:
Solarbear wrote:

No Nintendo core is Chiptune with rock instruments like guitars and drum kits.

Then yes, haha. XD

Can you link me to some or your music with instruments please?

Lexington, KY
square0ne wrote:

Like I said in my first post... I just started doing it today, haha!

I CAN when we record some. XD

Solarbear wrote:
square0ne wrote:

Like I said in my first post... I just started doing it today, haha!

I CAN when we record some. XD

Oh i didn't see that lolz
my bad

In Cheap Dinosaurs we use a submixer for Bucky to hear LSDJ on headphones. As for how he keeps in time with Dino's monstrous drum parts, I'm pretty sure it's black magic.

You really like adding -core to the end of these stupid genre things, don't you?

*-core is so early 2000s

Rochester, NY

So (real) drums are often the loudest thing on a stage

but we use an ekit so I've never had to wear headphones so far...

also nothing rustles my jimmies more than someone using the "word" nintendocore unironically

even ironically it rustles my jimmies

Unsubscribe
an0va wrote:

In Cheap Dinosaurs we use a submixer for Bucky to hear LSDJ on headphones. As for how he keeps in time with Dino's monstrous drum parts, I'm pretty sure it's black magic.

Ive been through a few drummers, and the best ones (bucky included) play alongside the chip drums versus trying to duplicate them. This keeps them from getting too messed up when lsdj decides to lose a tick here or there.