Liverpool, UK

Fuck talking about promotion, the more important question is WHO'S GOING TO LET ME KIP ON THEIR FLOOR?

Last edited by calmdownkidder (Mar 22, 2012 10:09 pm)

New York City
calmdownkidder wrote:

WHO'S GOING TO LET ME KIP ON THEIR FLOOR?

The City of Westminster council.

London, UK

really looking forward to this, thanks again to all the lads involved for helping to put it together.

east london here we come!

East Kilbride, Scotland
tinymeows wrote:
gwEm wrote:

Its really nice that you are in London smile

To explain:
I do take these 'nothing happens in London' comments quite personally, since I love deeply 8bit, and my city and so have hosted a number of gigs with great musicians here myself. Other people organise things too, and theres been several shows every year for 11 years at least. I don't know where people get the idea that nothing happens in London - it is surely one of the most active European cities.

...and now we have another *great* event coming up! Its sure to be a very busy and loud party \o/

REALLY?
Cos i've been completely missing whatever you've been organising.
How/ Where do you advertise these events?
I've actually just signed up to here to ask you this.
-EDIT: ok, so i'm looking at this forum, and theres crap loads of stuff i missed. WHY WHY WHY was this stuff not shoved in my face on facebook? D: BLAH. Please advertise MOAR AND HARDER. I would have been shaking my ass at so many events if i'd known... /edit

How about this. Why don't you check the Events section of this forum every week, and for any events in London (or nearby) that don't have Facebook event listings, why don't you create them? You'd be doing everyone involved a favour, and you'd always know when there will be future events! smile

New York City

Now with added RA page:
http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?352583

London, UK
tinymeows wrote:

REALLY?
Cos i've been completely missing whatever you've been organising.
How/ Where do you advertise these events?
I've actually just signed up to here to ask you this.
-EDIT: ok, so i'm looking at this forum, and theres crap loads of stuff i missed. WHY WHY WHY was this stuff not shoved in my face on facebook? D: BLAH. Please advertise MOAR AND HARDER. I would have been shaking my ass at so many events if i'd known... /edit

Last chip thing happened round here worth going to that i found out about was Sabrepulse playing in Camden. Which was boss.
I was the nutter dancing at the front.

To whoever organised this:
~PLEASE~ give me(+the rest of london) more advance notice of chip gigs in future. I am now scrambling to book train tickets back to London so i can be there >.<  LOVE YOU THOUGH! SO SO SO SO SO MUCH! Just need to find someone to go with D';

Hey, just a heads up - We haven't had a huge amount of time to put this together and promote it yet, but there is still two weeks to go! It's not as if you've just found a gig listing the day before!

london
gwEm wrote:
Bit Shifter wrote:

8GB moves to London; London chip scene heats up like fiyah. Coincidence???

People say how quiet the London scene is, but I don't really see it like that.

^__^  Thought about coincidences too but apparently there is some kind of magnyfying magical chip-micro-positive substance floating around ... big_smile

WEeeee--->  http://8bitvomit.tumblr.com/review

Enjoying! Seee ya sooon!!!

London

I've been listing the events on chipmusic.org, 8bitcollective, micromusic and personal emails.

i don't much like using facebook events, because i for one get tonnes of spam this way, and as a result don't really look at them anymore.

the parties were always busy anyway.. as will this one be!!

New York City

SO,  are you hyped enough for Saturday? Here's some massive shit to get you hyped.

(Matt Nida has been cooking some incredible beats this year. Check his stuff out at Weeklybeats: http://weeklybeats.com/#/mattnida )

A special guest will be opening up at 9 (we will start a bit early) with a DJ set. Get there ear,y and find out who. The lineup has gotten even more epic now, is all I can say.

New York City

London, April 7th 2012, around 11:59PM:

London, UK

You should all come to this. It'll be very good indeed.

London

Grr. I so hate the fact I'm in Germany right now.

Well, actually I don't. I'm just very annoyed that I'll miss this.

Last edited by der Warst (Apr 6, 2012 7:41 am)

New York City
der Warst wrote:

Grr. I so hate the fact I'm in Germany right now.

Well, actually I don't. I'm just very annoyed that I'll miss this.

Well, yeah, truly a missed chance, this is gonna be BALLER.

New York City

By the way, we open an hour earlier and SHIROBON will start up the night with a DJ set!

Last edited by akira^8GB (Apr 6, 2012 2:37 pm)

New York City

This is TODAY!!!!!!

Unfortunately I'm not sure I'll be able to stay for very much of it, but since I'm in the area beforehand anyway, I'll be seeing you there!