San Angelo, TX

Ok so I am pretty fucking mad because my cart happened to die today when I was writing a song,
I am just going to replace the battery. But is there a better alternative to the GB, like on an iPod? Or something, I'm going to use an emulator tommorow but I'm not sure how I will get the song from the emulator, usually I record using my MBox and my dMG

Westfield, NJ

Use a Nintendo DS, and one of those cards that lets you run an emulator?

rochester, ny

i don't believe you can run lsdj on an ipod.

Sweeeeeeden
nickmaynard wrote:

i don't believe you can run lsdj on an ipod.

You can, if you jailbreak it and download an emulator via Cydia.

Washington / California
nitro2k01 wrote:

Have you tried using it? I can't see the interface being too easy to use through an iPhone / iPod

I'd recommend using a DS because that's less likely to get screwed up

I personally use a DMG, but back that shit up on the daily.

Sweeeeeeden

I have not.

STARDRAIN, CA

PSP's are nt reccomended, you CAN use emulators, and they sound fine, but they do SAV's in a fucked up way thaty makes shit complicated... i just use KIGB on my PC or macccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

vancouver, canada
TERADAKTYLE wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

Have you tried using it? I can't see the interface being too easy to use through an iPhone / iPod

I'd recommend using a DS because that's less likely to get screwed up

I personally use a DMG, but back that shit up on the daily.

one caveat to using LSDJ on a DS: it will not play your WAV channel samples properly.  if you don't use kits/samples though, it otherwise works relatively well.  (the emulator i tried this on was lameboy; maybe somebody released a better alternative since)

Rochester, NY
Kool Skull wrote:

PSP's are nt reccomended

We recommend using modded PSPs fully because they're fucking awesome.

With the Homer's Rin emulator, all you have to do is add/drop the .gz extension onto the end of the .sav files.

Literally, we just take our Chips_Challenge.sav.gz file and rename it to Chips_Challenge.sav, for example.

No reason to use a Gameboy unless you're a masochist

.FILTHadelphia
Kool Skull wrote:

PSP's are nt reccomended, you CAN use emulators, and they sound fine, but they do SAV's in a fucked up way thaty makes shit complicated... i just use KIGB on my PC or macccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Yea PSPs aren't terrible. Different emulators produce different quality and emulation of sound so it's not always genuine and yea the save thing is weird I don't know how to transfer them so I don't use it much for writing.

Gosford, Australia
TERADAKTYLE wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

I've tried it on both iOS and Android, it's horrific. Interface aside, the shoddy emulations and latency alone make it unusable. It's really not a valid option at all, imo.

BK

Yeah, tried iOS emulation for lsdj and was extremely disappointed. Best portable emulation I've seen is PSP with RIN. DS has its own issues, wouldn't bother with it tbh.

Melbourne, AU

I used a PSP for a few months to learn LSDJ before I got my DMG. I assigned start + select to both shoulder buttons which actually helped me get really fast at using the tracker.

Tacoma, WA

Bongos....

Last edited by Vellain (Mar 27, 2012 4:49 am)

SUPA nintendo with SUPA gameboy (PROSOUND_MOD???) seems common in chiyp

never heard or used myself

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
Je Mappelle wrote:

SUPA nintendo with SUPA gameboy (PROSOUND_MOD???) seems common in chiyp

never heard or used myself

I've done this. It is a good way to do things. Big, bright screen, etc.

Only thing is that it treats some sounds differently - not surprising considering it is not a game boy... and you will still have the same cart issues.