New York City

- Signatures (view dis/enabled through control panel)?
- private messaging (maybe)?
- View New POsts Since Last Visit?
- Mark All Forums Read?

New York City, NYC, USA

Recent posts gets tagged with a "new posts" button if there are. So that's done.

New York City

Recent posts shows more than what I HAVE ALREADY READ.New posts shows me my unread ones only (since last visit or last "marked as read") wink

While we are at it, reduce that wait for new posts being made, 60 seconds is a torture, 15/20 seconds is enough.

Tacoma WA

Private messaging is the 5th icon from the right up top

Los Angeles
akira^8GB wrote:

- Mark All Forums Read?

- private messaging  is already here. see MESSAGES tab.  and under each avatar name there is a big blue PM link.
- mark forum as read is on the bottom of every forum i think
- "recent posts" at the top will display all recent posts, [NEW POSTS] blue button marks threads youve posted in and have new posts since your last visit
- No sigs will be allowed, use your member profile for your marker, sigs add clutter. wink

The Bronx
akira^8GB wrote:

- Mark All Forums Read?

Signatures (view dis/enabled through control panel)
They've been hidden to cut down on clutter. They're visible on profile pages, though.

View New POsts Since Last Visit?
Clicking "Recent Posts" up there will do that. Then click "New Posts" (in blue) in the thread title. That'll bring you to the newest post since your last visit.

The "PM" beneath the avatars is the link to private message a user. cool

Mark All Forums Read?
Oh yeah!

The Bronx

omg too slow

Los Angeles

yeah we are all so fast at responses... when i posted there was only openback's response hehe

The Bronx

Hi, Akira! Nice userpic avatar icon!

Sweeeeeeden

Like it or not, the following are all useful functions:

*  Advanced Search
    * Recent Posts
    * Unanswered Posts
    * Your Subscribed Topics
    * Your Posts
    * Mark All Forums As Read

New York City

Damn, 3 reponses.

I goot a bunchg of thingsto say:

Sorry for being blind
Profile is not sigs (and I know clutter so I asked for activation/ disactivation by user preference)
View posts since last visit is still a bit more useful than recent posts, but whatever. I only like to see what has NEW posts. in a list. exclusively. but that's me being used to vBulletin boards
I stil lcant find the mark forums read thing ... read #1: i am blind

How about that post timer stuff?

cheers guys!

A gray world of dread

Since most people tend to put contact info/links into their sig, why not assign a sexy 15x15 icon to each common link target (the usual social network stuff, maybe plus two or three custom ones for 'homepages') and put those in the lower right of the post, or under the user pic? Just as effective and less obnoxious, imo.

Brisbane, Australia, Earth

i like that idea alot

Surrey, BC Canada

Avatars 64x64 pixels would be killer. I have a bunch of 64x64 from other forums I can't use here.... Ho Hum.

Finland

Maybe it's just me but I would like that new links would open to a _blank window/tab, not to _self.

Los Angeles
DKSTR wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I would like that new links would open to a _blank window/tab, not to _self.

me too