egr wrote:
Timbob wrote:

Everybody has a different interest within the chipscene, and isn't that what makes it interesting?

The color of a gameboy doesn't have anything to do with chip music.  I also don't have a problem with silly "fashion" threads but it should be understood that they are 100% troll bait.  No reason to get upset over it.

I didn't say music, but ok.

And of course it it doesn't matter what colour gameboy you use to make music.

But some people collect stamps, and some people just use them to send letters. Some people like to collect different colour dmg's, or paint them / mod them, and some people just use them for music.

Nobody ever stated over here that a blue DMG has a better sound than a red one.

San Angelo, TX

This thread is going nowhere fast.
For what it's worth:
2x Yellow DMG
NES with NTRQ

Fargo
Timbob wrote:

Nobody ever stated over here that a blue DMG has a better sound than a red one.

Oh, but they do.  Like I just said, more expensive means better.  Also, I live in an RPG.

No, but seriously, he makes a good point.  Who cares if you don't care about the type of Gameboy someone uses?  Some people do.  Some people have badass painted ones.  I like seeing stuff like that.  Also, he just said he's 13.  Let him some slack.  Maybe he'll end up being the next VCMG.  You never know.  ¯\(º o)/¯

But, square0ne, I also happen to like grammar nazi jokes.  Don't take it personally.  Just fix yo spellin' and move on.  (In case you were wondering, the correct "your" in that case would have been the one I just typed. wink  )

Fargo
shotgun breakdown wrote:

i tried to look tough

Oh, and you DO.  Whose blood is splattered all over your Gameboy?

I'm into the orange scene.

Utah
shotgun breakdown wrote:

i tried to look tough

You failed to look tough the minute you decided to wear Puka shells wink
Just teasing, I really like the look of your gboy.

Chicago IL
square0ne wrote:

[By the way I am 13

no shit

Timbob wrote:

I don't see why people have a problem with threads like this. The colour of your gameboy might not be as important to you as the third light on your arduinoboy blinking, but to each his own, right?

it's because we've been in this scene for more than a month. square0ne is making every 'lol i'm a dumb n00b on 8bc' thread and post we've ever seen, and chipmusic was created as a place to get away from all that. it's completely superficial and serves no purpose.

and also do you actually think someone could make a topic about which arduino lights they have blinking and not get trolled? that was a terrible analogy, man.

Armidale NSW Australia :D
Saskrotch wrote:
square0ne wrote:

[By the way I am 13

no shit

Timbob wrote:

I don't see why people have a problem with threads like this. The colour of your gameboy might not be as important to you as the third light on your arduinoboy blinking, but to each his own, right?

it's because we've been in this scene for more than a month. square0ne is making every 'lol i'm a dumb n00b on 8bc' thread and post we've ever seen, and chipmusic was created as a place to get away from all that. it's completely superficial and serves no purpose.

and also do you actually think someone could make a topic about which arduino lights they have blinking and not get trolled? that was a terrible analogy, man.

Timbob :If showing the colour of you're gameboy  isn't interesting to you, that's ok. Just join a conversation in another thread. Just keep things positive.

Nuff Said

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 3, 2012 9:29 pm)

Saskrotch wrote:
square0ne wrote:

[By the way I am 13

no shit

Timbob wrote:

And im only getting trolled by about 2 people probably including you? and what is your definition of 'lol i'm a dumb n00b on 8bc'  thread???

Saskrotch wrote:

and chipmusic was created as a place to get away from all that

This is a message board on the Internet that features open registration. Do you really think you can actually get away from "all that" if you let everyone and their grandmothers inside?

There's no real place to "get away from" something on the open Internet. Maybe (just maybe) if you made a private message board with private tracker-like rules for registration; like invite-only subscription, invite trees, a reputation system, and whatever the hell else, maybe then you might get away with a message board to "get away from" stuff like what was posted at 8bc. But how would making a private club message board look like to the rest of the scene? Shit would scream "pretentious assholes" even more than it already does.

Let's just face it: we can't really get away from chipscene n00bs and their usual antics, especially now that 8bc's future is uncertain. We can't really get away from ANY KIND OF n00bs and their usual antics, anyway. Might as well just learn how to coexist with all that and to ignore whatever we don't like.

Otherwise we'd devolve into a place where oldbies were thought of as "those guys who do nothing but complain and act like grumpy old men".

BOSTON

hahahaha i should have checked this thread out earlier, this is hilarious. lets be honest here: this is CM.org in a nutshell, mods should sticky it and title it "typical thread specimen"

Saskrotch wrote:
square0ne wrote:

[By the way I am 13

no shit

Timbob wrote:

Ah well. guess I missed that memo. Sorry about that.
But still, if we don't want threads like this. Shouldn't they be closed by mods with an explanation as to why it was closed? And if people think something doesn't belong on this forum, they could just make a topic report instead of trolling the TS. to make this place a bit more mature.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/6580/ … correctly/
No trolling there.

Timbob wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

no shit

Ah well. guess I missed that memo. Sorry about that.
But still, if we don't want threads like this. Shouldn't they be closed by mods with an explanation as to why it was closed? And if people think something doesn't belong on this forum, they could just make a topic report instead of trolling the TS. to make this place a bit more mature.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/6580/ … correctly/
No trolling there.

Good Point

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 3, 2012 9:54 pm)

square0ne wrote:

^lololololoolololololz that thread actually exists XD

Dude. Act mature.
I'm trying to make a point here.

Timbob wrote:
square0ne wrote:

^lololololoolololololz that thread actually exists XD

Dude. Act mature.
I'm trying to make a point here.

Oh right :3

Unsubscribe