ohio gozaimasu

Hey guys, I've been working on an EP for a little while, and I plan to release it quite soon. I'm very proud of how it sounds so far, but I want it to turn out the best it can possibly be. I'm looking for a few people to sample it and give some CC and maybe some advice on its release.

The EP will go by the title "Buttpoop EP" and consist of five songs, most between 6 and 8 minutes long. I have a heavy dance style focused on house grooves and melodic repetition. Three songs are already finished, and the last two will be finished within a week. I really just want an outside opinion on my tracks and some advice regarding the release. Any and all help is appreciated and will have proper credit. If you just feel like listening to an unreleased EP because it makes you feel special, go ahead and contact me; I could use the publicity.

Here is the album cover: http://i.imgur.com/x4Ceb.png
And here is one of the songs: http://soundcloud.com/cooshinator/cooshinator-cosecant

Contact me at [email protected] or post your email here.

Thanks!

Last edited by Cooshinator (Apr 7, 2012 12:28 am)

Massachusetts, USA

I like the track you posted! My CC is do not call your EP the "Buttpoop EP". If I was looking for new releases and saw an album called "Buttpoop", my mind automatically thinks that it is not to be taken seriously, and not worthy of the time it would take for me to download it and listen to it. Just my opinion, if it means something special to you, by all means, go for it!

Yo Cooshinator! You've probably seen me around, and from what you described, it sounds like we write very similar music! I'd love to take a listen to what you have. Email me dude: [email protected]

Armidale NSW Australia :D

Yeah probably dont call it that. other than that great track.\

What did you use to make it?

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 7, 2012 1:06 am)

Chicago IL

it's LSDJ

ohio gozaimasu

sammulligan: The name is actually packed with symbolism about the nature of man and his constant desire to choose mythology over reason. The original concept derives its way from Immanuel Kant and his Social Contract Thoery; he displays such thinking in his autobiography by stating, "I think, therefore I am". (Just kidding it's blatant potty humor and I probably will ditch the name)

square0ne: One Gameboy DMG with LSDJ

lolz

.FILTHadelphia

I really can't offer any criticism it sounds awesome. Just release it!

I love that kick you're using mind shooting me the patch for it?

Michigan
Cooshinator wrote:

I could use the publicity. Thanks!

i dont think i wouldve said this, it makes me think youre making music for the sole reason of getting attention, which isnt cool.

calling your e.p. the "poopybutt" ep makes me think you are immature as a person and as a musical artist, i hope this isnt the case because:

i hear music that has great potential, i really enjoyed the track. im excited to hear more!

its a matter of presentation as much as it is the music, how do you want to represent yourself as an artist? if you want to represent yourself with references to fecal matter, then its up to you. But if i was you, after hearing the potential your tracks have, i might want to take myself slightly more seriously.

Florida

I like poopybutt.

Chicago
Jay Tholen wrote:

I like poopybutt.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 9:16 pm)

Sydney, NSW
sammulligan wrote:

If I was looking for new releases and saw an album called "Buttpoop", my mind automatically thinks that it is not to be taken seriously

Or that it's breakcore.

Chainsaw Police wrote:
sammulligan wrote:

If I was looking for new releases and saw an album called "Buttpoop", my mind automatically thinks that it is not to be taken seriously

Or that it's breakcore.

Or Lolicore xD

Fargo

You're reading it the wrong way.  It's Tub Opt Pope.

Medina, Ohio

Yo, i feel a release party between me and you going on soon. Live on air over the world wide web? Lets do it.
Nice album, bad name. I've heard a few of the songs on this guy and you make great music...at least compaired to me xD anyway good job Coosh. smile Can't wait for your second EP. Maybe i'll get a special copy on disc signed "I'm a gay nazi" <-- Coosh understands that joke.