MA

I started tinkering with some wires...I think The Pink (Im saying pink cuz its more pink than red)is what carries the power from the DMG brown wire. I hooked up pink (KB) - Brown (DMG) and the LED's on the KB start blinking...I think that's a good sign, so far?

Melbourne, Australia

I made a keyboard adapter today using this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7791. I chose it because its the cheapest price I could find for 2 female ps/2 plugs smile. Coloring as follows:
PS/2                    DMG
Red (Data)  -------- Yellow
White (GND) ------ Blue
Green (Vcc) ------- Brown
Black (Clock) ----- Green
Hope this helps anyone

MA

Dell Model RT7D20

UPDATED:
Some observations... Think I'm on the right track this time. I'm getting the (CAPS LOK/NUM LOK/SCROLL/LOK) Led's to blink from the Keyboard steady now...kinda

Variation #1

(PS/2)       (DMG 07)
Brown       -      Yellow
White       -      Blue
Green       -      Green
Pink         -       Brown
(^ Just get a steady blink from the LED's)

Variation #2

(PS/2)       (DMG 07)
Brown       -      Yellow
White       -      Green
Green       -      Blue
Pink         -       Brown
(^ LED's Blinking very bright once, then it goes out. Good sign?)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Really sorry for not getting the tutorial done yet. i am going to pick up a couple of different keyboards from the thrift store. i hope to shoot some video
for the tutorial this weekend.

i think it will be a lot easier to just show peeps how to do this with out trying to mess with pinout guides. simply because not every keyboard is the same. it would be nice if they were but there is an easier solution.

Step 1: Establishing power/ground. (if link cable is plugged into DMG while powered on... and the caps/num lock buttons light up, you have power connected correctly)
Step 2: Data lines (hot swap until the keyboard works.)

Having a multi-meter helps and being able to recognize power and ground lines in circuits (on circuit boards) helps too to make finding your power and ground connections faster.

MA

Low-Gain....Word Up!!! wink Thank you thank you!

Plano, TX
TmTgr wrote:

I made a keyboard adapter today using this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7791. I chose it because its the cheapest price I could find for 2 female ps/2 plugs smile. Coloring as follows:
White (GND) ------ Blue
Hope this helps anyone

I just ordered two sets, this seems like the cheapest/simplest method.

I'll let you know if it works out for me.

How fast does this place ship?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Why are you guys buying keyboard adapters? you pull out the old keyboard cable and replace it with a DMG-07 cable or original link cable.

Plano, TX
low-gain wrote:

Why are you guys buying keyboard adapters? you pull out the old keyboard cable and replace it with a DMG-07 cable or original link cable.

He posted the color-coded wiring guide for the specific adapter he linked to, this means I can solder it together without guessing and/or buying and messing around with a multimeter. Also, this will allow me to change keyboards without extra soldering if I find one I like better.

MA
low-gain wrote:

^lol

Just figured the Dell Model RT7D20 color code! Yay, my first LSDJ keyboard! hehe wink

DMG O7-----------Keyboard
-----------------------------------
Brown--------------Pink
Blue----------------Green
Yellow--------------White
Green--------------Brown

Hope it works for anybody else that has this model smile
I'm not posting any pics of this, until I paint it! wink

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
PixyJunket wrote:
low-gain wrote:

He posted the color-coded wiring guide for the specific adapter he linked to, this means I can solder it together without guessing and/or buying and messing around with a multimeter. Also, this will allow me to change keyboards without extra soldering if I find one I like better.

but. but... multi-meters are coooooool!

MA

but. but... multi-meters are coooooool!

And you can probably find one for less than the price of two of those cables...lol

Melbourne, Australia
TmTgr wrote:

White (GND) ------ Blue
Hope this helps anyone

Btw, I have only made one using the keyboard side of the y splitter, but the mouse side should have the same colors, I hope neutral
Edit: The mouse side uses the sames colors as the keyboard side.

Also @Turtle the keyboard lights should only flash when the power is first turned on.

More edit: The place ships after a few days then takes about a week to arrive here in Australia, but who cares when its free shipping big_smile

Last edited by TmTgr (Feb 10, 2010 8:44 am)

MA

Keyboard works great btw!!!! Anyone can help me out with a tutorial on how-to use a LSDJ keyboard? Like do cool stuff?

venezuela ccs

hey people,

it´s possible use the generic GBA model 4 player link cable? ,

this one has 5 wires :

-RED
-BLUE
-GREEN
-YELLOW
-BROWN
-WHITE

this  link cable normally works with my GBcolor and my GBAsp, and it is my only one 4 players.

US, Florida

oh my... how much this makes me laugh to find so many of these wire color combos that do not match my keyboard. Day 2 of the try and I feel helpless.

US, Florida

Well.. I have a question if any one is willing to helwwwp.
So say I am running outta chord on the keyboard due to splicing too many times.... couldn't I just remove the plastic
pin connector for the stock wires on the keyboards chip and solder the link cable chord to the correct spots once I find them?
Its just that this particular keyboard I have already added paint to the keys and would hate to see it go to waste.
plz & thnx much!
v_v<3