Finland

Hmm, I checked this link http://www.herbertweixelbaum.com/comparison.htm that thebitman gave to me.

For my ear the best ones were: 1. DMG with the Pro Sound mod (Nuff said.) 2. GBA (Not perfect but I still liked the sound pretty much.)
3. SD lite (Pretty much same opinion than with GBA. I was actually surprised!)

And the worst ones: 1. GBA SP (Silent parts sounded like my tinnitus would have gone louder.. Sounded little bit like a cricket too.) 2. GBC (Whistling during the song.) 3. Pocket or Micro (Just didn't like the sound that much. And Pocket had those "whistles" too.)

Now when im thinking this whole thing. Is the GBA really that bad after all? It's just like this, GBA's are easy to get and they're pretty cheap too. But on the other hand I haven't heard even one good thing about them.. Still, I don't want to make these hasty "assumptions" or decisions because of the one comparison. Maybe I should just get a GBA and get started and later if I find affordable DMG's, I could get one of those.

New Albany Indiana
H0bla wrote:

@ Bit wish, "I like your reply system" <- Sarcasm? smile I try ro be as clear with these posts as I can. And about the adapter, if I'm gonna get GBA SP it's pretty much "must have". Does the adapters always cost that much?

I would look over what Auxcide wrote, I never bought one of the adapters but the cost of it will eventually beat battery envestments.

Finland
H0bla wrote:

@ DKSTR, Löytyykö huuto.netistä oikeesti joskus muka 10e tollasia DMG:itä? Coloreita on aina välillä nähny tohon hintaan mut neki ollu lähes poikkeuksetta aika kämäses kunnos. Oot siis ite tilannu tollasen kortin sieltä Kitch:ltä?

Siis tarkoitin että kirppiksiltä saattaa hyvällä säkää löytyä DMG:tä halvalla. Ja joo, tilasin cartin, saapui n. viikossa / parissa.

Ja mulla on edelleen sama vuonna 89-90 ostettu Game Boy. Keff vois säkällä myydä sulle yhden myös, pistä sille privaviestiä.

Last edited by DKSTR (Feb 8, 2013 4:01 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Well, for anyone and everyone looking for SP adapters: the cheapest, highest quality, and in, most times, the only way to get one is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Headset-J … 1e744a7008

They are better quality than any of the other ones I've had.

Finland

@ Bit Wish, yeah, but I'm still not sure about GBA SP.

@ DKSTR, Ite asun vaasassa ja täällä on pari jannua jotka käy todella aktiivisesti kaivelees noita kirppiksiä ja myy sit kaikkea retropelisälää kalliilla eteenpäin.. Hyvä tietää että ne toimitukset toimii myös tännepäin. Kuka on Keff?

@ Auxcide, that's a decent price for adapter. If I decide to get GBA SP, I think I'm gonna order one of those. Thank you.

Finland

Guys, I was super lucky today! I was just about to leave from work but I decided to stay and help out my co worker a bit. After those extra 15-20mins the phone rang. I answered and there was a customer asking that if we could trade his old Gameboys, or something like that. Needless to say, I was pretty excited and said that I'm gonna buy them for myself. So, I got 2 DMG's with six games, a cable, and a 4port hub. All together 40€. Well, for the customer the price was higher cause i gave him a game and some money but all and all, 40€ from me and now I'm happy! smile

Finland

And once more. Thank you all for your help. All of this was really usefull info for me!

Orange County,CA /Las Vegas NV

yes Kitsch is the best, DON'T GO TO DJ Transformer

matt's mind
Cuddle Television wrote:

Kitsch

thanks!

i'm guessing i did something good for you lately to warrant this big_smile