Santa Cruz, California
Alley Beach wrote:

i dont think it has to do with the frequency at all. possibly a dirty cart connector or something silly. can you test a different game besides tetris thats not on the EMS cart? also, after modding about 40 back PCB's about 3-5 of them were sour to start of with, there may be a possibility that the back pcb could be bad =/

I've tested my keyboard with all 127 of my hardcopy games, and all of them work. The flash cart will boot images on the keyboard without a problem. Anything loaded onto the cart that requires loading from ram or accessing higher address lines, either doesn't boot, or crashes almost immediately. The flash cart works without any problems on all of my other hardware, including my Super Gameboy and Gameboy Player. I've tested with other motherboards and cartridge ports (in multiple combinations) but always with the same result. I've been scouring the internet for information regarding this problem, but despite all of my masterful google-fu, I've come up with nothing, and appear to be the only person to try this.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Feb 11, 2013 4:53 am)

clovis CA

hahaha, for sure man, and i envy you for attempting this beast of a mod. i think im just as stumped as you on this one haha wink

I'd try removing the battery from the cart and powering it up and seeing what kind of results you get. The symptoms sound like corrupted ram to me, but there's a few things that could be going wrong here.

Santa Cruz, California

I'll try it.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Feb 11, 2013 5:38 am)

Santa Cruz, California

UPDATE:
Keyboard
No sound, image scrambled, game frozen.

DMG
Works fine.

I don't suppose you have an MBC5 flash cart that you could test with?

If it is a problem with wire length/gauge, one thing to consider is that EMS cartridges consume a lot more power than other cartridges. I suppose that could explain why some cartridges work and some don't.  I can't really see that being the issue, but using a different flash cart could help narrow down the problem.

Santa Cruz, California

All I have is the EMS. I only started doing chip 16 days ago, and I haven't made my MBC5 cart yet... I figured I'd have my keyboard working, and that was going to be my next project.

Santa Cruz, California
SPORK94 wrote:

So after this all made what color schemes do you envision it to be?

Something industrial. You'll have to wait and see... mostly because I'm not 100% sure what the final result will be.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Feb 11, 2013 7:04 pm)

Santa Cruz, California

On a non-chip related note, I got a message from someone on my deviantart account in regards to one of my paintings.
The Painting in Question

It apparently has become very popular with a massive French BTTF fan group, and there might end up being a list of pre-orders... and I'll get to make another limited run of these paintings!
The group's Facebook page.

I get exited when people take an interest in my art!

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Feb 12, 2013 9:23 am)

I'd hang that on my wall!  Or walls.  I collect unique art and graffiti so it would fit in well in my flat.

Santa Cruz, California
nerdsome wrote:

I'd hang that on my wall!  Or walls.  I collect unique art and graffiti so it would fit in well in my flat.

All I ever wanted was to be an artist, and do something creative for a living. It didn't start happening until I was 27. Now I'm 28, I pay my rent and feed my dog with my art, and I don't have to have a "real job" anymore! But, when there is a sudden interest in my work, I end up making a fair amount of scratch, and have a little wiggle room to do some impulsive shopping.

Santa Cruz, California

Checked the mail and discovered that the parts I ordered are already here!
Damn, Kitsch. You get shit in the post HELLA FAST! I ordered this stuff on Friday.

Fuck! Did I accidentally order CGB buttons?

Well Kitsch, get a set of clear-orange DMG buttons ready...

Well if you have a piece like that available or something else similar of interest (an shipping rates aren't ridiculous) let me know and I'll buy one.  Especially the Delorean piece (my wife loves back to the future).

Santa Cruz, California
nerdsome wrote:

Well if you have a piece like that available or something else similar of interest (an shipping rates aren't ridiculous) let me know and I'll buy one.  Especially the Delorean piece (my wife loves back to the future).

I take custom orders and commissions. I've sent some paintings to Europe and Australia, and while it is a bit pricey, it's not murderously expensive.
HEY! I could even send that DMG power jack with it!

Santa Cruz, California

I took a break from painting and installed my backlight.

That shit looks hella sick.
(the white specks are pvc filings from my desk, and they're just on the surface.)

Louisiana

Ill trade you DMG clear orange for those color clear orange. Just give me til the 22nd and we can do it. I need some color clear orange and i have 4 sets of dmg clear orange lol