Louisiana
Toastypinecone wrote:

Vex, where on earth did you get all those pinks? There seem to be at least 3 different shades, I've only seen 2...

They were a gift from a big deal I did for someone here, not saying who because Im not sure if they want that info out or not. But yea it short, random throw-ins with a deal/order we did together.

@OP deathstar, PM me as a reminder. Im currently on the road about to go on a date with my lady. Message me what youd offer for whatever or whatever you wanna do.

Santa Cruz, California

Still waiting on some parts. Considering relocating the motherboard closer to the cartridge port and simply extend the ribbon cable (re. pull the port for the ribbon cable and give it an extension). Prototyping is a serious pain in the ass... thinking about it keeps me up at night...

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

Still waiting for your updates dude.

Maine

i know its been over a week sad

Santa Cruz, California

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I got a job at a local used game shop, repairing consoles and doing mods. I've also been given my own display case at the shop to put customs in. Because a lot of my time is spent building customs for the store, I haven't had an opportunity to work on my keyboard. I'll post some fresh stuff as soon as I have some free time to work on my personal projects.

Anyway, here's some pics of what I've been doing:

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Feb 27, 2013 12:21 am)

washington

^Dat virtual boy

Pittsburgh

That sounds like the awesomest job ever.
On the other hand, I wonder if people like Thetris ever get tired of gameboys due to their constant exposure to modding them...
Hope we get to see something happen on the keyboard at some point big_smile

Also, what is the gameboy micro thing in the upper right of the virtual boy pic? Not like any packaging I've ever seen.

Santa Cruz, California

I get to make custom EVERYTHING, not just Gameboys. The store owner loves my work, and I also get to use the store as a front to sell some of my paintings and take commissions... it's a pretty sweet gig.

The Thing in back ground of the VB pic is just a store display. I used to work at the mall, right next door to the Shit Factory (re. Game Stop) and they'd give me pretty much any of the old posters and displays I wanted.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Feb 27, 2013 12:18 am)

Maine

i spy a custom nes big_smile

Santa Cruz, California
TheBronyChip wrote:

i spy a custom nes big_smile

Yes. Yes you do.
I'm not quite done with it. The terrible lighting in my room, mixed with the camera flash, make it look like shit. BUT! I assure you, it looks pretty badass in person.

Maine

it looks pretty bad ass in the picture too big_smile

Santa Cruz, California

My DMG keyboard is pissing me off. In the process of building it, it has consumed 3 cartridge ports, 2 motherboards, 2 daughterboards (including screens) one DMG shell, almost a month of my life, and most of what remained of my sanity and peace of mind... Thanks a lot, creativity, you managed to turn me into a complete basket case... and it still doesn't work yet...

Anyone have a Gameboy with a busted screen they want to give me? I need another cartridge port.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Feb 28, 2013 8:08 am)

Austin, TX
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

My DMG keyboard is pissing me off. In the process of building it, it has consumed 3 cartridge ports, 2 motherboards, 2 daughterboards (including screens) one DMG shell, almost a month of my life, and most of what remained of my sanity and peace of mind... Thanks a lot, creativity, you managed to turn me into a complete basket case... and it still doesn't work yet...

Anyone have a Gameboy with a busted screen they want to give me? I need another cartridge port.

Try using the cart port from a N64 Transfer Pack, it's much easier to remove in my opinion. I'm using one in my current DMG project and they're much cleaner and better built, most likely because they came out much later than the DMG's and probably weren't used too much. I just had to buy a replacement the other day from eBay, $10 w/ free shipping, and there's plenty of them smile

Chicago
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

I have a super gameboy and a few pocket's cartridge port I could part with.
If your interested PM me, also if you need any help troubleshooting I wouldn't mind give you my input on the matter.

Santa Cruz, California

This project (as well as most others) is being suspended until further notice... Possibly indefinitely
Bipolar disorder is a bitch.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Mar 1, 2013 10:18 pm)

Murcia, Spain
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

This project (as well as most others) is being suspended until further notice... Possibly indefinitely
Bipolar disorder is a bitch.

I can understand you. After spending so much time and effort on something, seeing it stuck is one of the biggest disappointments one can have. I'm sure today you'd just throw it away in anger, but leave some time and try it up in a few months. If you ever finish, it's gonna be huge dude ; )