Unsubscribe

It would be rad to get a player like over there on cmo... sometimes i leave it playing and hear some cool new stuff.

vancouver, canada

i think it would require a change in how cm.o handles HTTP page requests.  it looks like navigating around weeklybeats.com loads up pages through AJAX calls and replaces the previous HTML content, instead of actually refreshing the page.   this is how playback can remain persistent even when browsing through different parts of the site.

i don't know how much work it would take for trash80 to apply this methodology to this site, though.

alternatively, a "mostly" persistent audio player could be implemented, much in the same way that bandcamp does it now, whereby the player keeps track of the current track and play position in the form of a cookie variable.   when you load another page, the player would figure out how to resume playback from that point.  that method has its own pros and cons, though.

personally? i think just being able to load up a track in a new tab is plenty.  though for some reason, that functionality is disabled here.

Seattle, WA US

meh

babylon

the cm feed app plays through the music continuously if you have an ios device.

Unsubscribe
bryface wrote:

personally? i think just being able to load up a track in a new tab is plenty.  though for some reason, that functionality is disabled here.

Thats still a largely manual process. Id love for another song or artist page to start playing after one completes. I dont really care how they do it, but assuming since tim designed one, he could easily share code between the ther.

walter b. gentle wrote:

the cm feed app plays through the music continuously if you have an ios device.

I dont but id generally prefer to play stay on my pc musicwise. Incidentally where is this app located? This is the first Ive heard of it.

boaconstructor wrote:

meh

babylon

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/6559/ … -app-v103/

heres the thread for it which has a link. it works really well and has received a few updates though the last one was a while ago. still waiting for  comments to get added. but i can understand it not quite being what your looking for. i use it for like when im in the car.

Unsubscribe

Bummer not in the us store!

babylon

wait what? i checked and your right, but i downloaded like half a year ago and def live in the us. thats weird i guess it got removed? it still works and everything. maybe breakphase will see this thread, i know ive seen him active here.

matt's mind

^ seriously...  i got this too and am in the us.

it used to work fine for us downloads, thats strange...

Unsubscribe

His apple developer thingie must've expired!

Earth

Ha, yeah it did expire. I'm going to renew it soon.. Damn that's lame. I fully support this idea though.

Unsubscribe

Maybe you can put it in the cydia repo in the meantime?

Gosford, Australia
herr_prof wrote:

Maybe you can put it in the cydia repo in the meantime?

cheeky! tongue

but do it

Earth

I've become aware of a clone of my app in cydia, called CMOMusic.

Unsubscribe

Should we boycott it? big_smile

Earth

wink No it's a safe and gluten-free alternative to the other app.