SLC, UT

Did this ever get posted here? Sorry if it did, but I don't think it did. Just found this over on nesdev tonight. Unfortunately I'm on Linux and haven't tested it, but it looks super awesome. Also on the page are patches for many games that previously wouldn't save on the cart. So here you go, and post your results.

NOTE: This shouldn't solve any of the driver issues.

EMS Software

Murcia, Spain

If I'm not wrong, this will not work with lsdj+a game, right ?

SLC, UT

I don't see why it wouldn't.

Chicago IL

flash memory is 1 megabit, which is 128k, which is the size of an LSDJ save file.

Chicago IL

so, since this patcher breaks the flash memory up into pieces, it probably wont work with LSDJ at all.

Murcia, Spain
Saskrotch wrote:

flash memory is 1 megabit, which is 128k, which is the size of an LSDJ save file.

That was what I had heard : )

stargazer wrote:

Did this ever get posted here? Sorry if it did, but I don't think it did. Just found this over on nesdev tonight. Unfortunately I'm on Linux and haven't tested it, but it looks super awesome. Also on the page are patches for many games that previously wouldn't save on the cart. So here you go, and post your results.

NOTE: This shouldn't solve any of the driver issues.

EMS Software

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/9501/ … hat-is-it/ I posted about this maybe 3 months ago and it didn't get much attention. It's a rather heroic piece of software, but it does not support true multiple save file support.

It basically takes the save memory and treats it like a bookshelf, where you can have multiple books (saves) on a shelf. Previously we were allowed only one "book" per shelf, so this is a big improvement. You can fit somewhere between 2 and 8 saves on here, maybe more, depending on what games you have loaded (different games save different amounts of data). However, it does not fix the driver issues with Windows 7 and it does not allow for multiple LSDJ saves. LSDJ uses the entirety of the working save memory I'd bet, so there's no room for other saves.

Something I found immensely useful was being able to swap pages with a few button presses. I have an EMS cart that refuses to switch pages through power cycling, and this was the perfect workaround. With this software I now use my EMS cart exclusively for games, other carts are for LSDJ. 3 months strong so far of using the software, I haven't had any issues so far.

matt's mind

a few customers have been using it with a lot of success as well, the ones that have told me at least

SLC, UT

Totally makes sense. I thought the lsdj sav was pretty big, but I didn't know it took up all of the space! Now all we need is someone to implement this into the mac/linux software with a gui...

Anyways, just wanted to make sure people were aware of this!

Riverside, CA
stargazer wrote:

Now all we need is someone to implement this into the mac/linux software with a gui

Linux users are too manly for a GUI wink

Last edited by BlakePalmer (Mar 20, 2018 10:55 pm)

Sweeeeeeden
BlakePalmer wrote:
other thread wrote:

When you boot a multirom page, the menu has options of pressing select to edit the SRAM, pressing A to open the game list, and pressing left or right on the Dpad to change pages.

edit 2: pressing left or right on the menu didn't change the pages, no matter what i tried. da fuq?

I don't think he meant the cartridge's two infamous "pages" but the pages in the ROM list if you have more games than the menu can display on one screen.

Last edited by BlakePalmer (Mar 20, 2018 10:59 pm)

Sweeeeeeden
BlakePalmer wrote:

yeah that's exactly what i was thinking about. i eventually figured it out haha
technically it could still be possible to do that though, right?

If there is a sequence of one or more writes that the Gameboy could do which would make this happen, then yes. But there probably isn't. Normally this is either controlled by hardware (by a a capacitor that is charged on the first turn on) or by the USB controller chip. There may be no way for the Gameboy CPU to trigger this condition.

Argentina

I'm having some troubles with this multisav option.
For example Donkey Kong and Final Fantasy Legend works for a while, then I loose all my progress. But with Metroid so far I didn't loose my progress. Could be that I'm doing something wrong?

Help! The link to Mottzilla page is dead and I really need to download this. Does anyone have the installer? So annoying not to be able to save more than once! If someone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Regards
Gareth